working on another ufo

It has been a while since I worked on this Batik Quilt.

I am trying to finish up some of my partially finished tops rather than packing up the pieces and then forgetting about them.

Here it is the last time I worked on it.

I made some changes to the original plan because I wanted a few areas that are unpieced to do some hand quilting that will show and to add some different colors.

Teddy helped with the layout Ideas.

DSCN7461 DSCN7458

I have to finish the border blocks for 2 sides and then sew the blocks together.

19 blocks….that takes a while.  I am slow at paper foundation piecing but the accuracy is worth the effort.

43 thoughts on “working on another ufo

1. averyclaire says:

LOVE your creativity with this piece adding the solids to the mix. This is a very nice quilt!

2. banksia says:

Love this! the piecing looks stunning,worth the effort,the colours are magic,I see Teddy thinks so too.

3. Patricia says:

Looking lovely, you are so inspiring, thanks

4. Wow! That is beautiful. You sew all your quilts by hand?

5. Cathie King says:

Hi Tim, I love the colors and the border is really unique

thank you ….the blocks are very traditional so I wanted a different border that coordinates….I think this works and it is not a hard one …but time consuming

6. Sandra B says:

I had forgotten about this one….love the pattern, and the fabrics are great! Cannot wait to see it all finished.
    Teddy looks happy to be back to his assistant duties.

7. kathi says:

Love the new layout! That Teddy is a marvel- yet another of responsibility ay your household!

8. Sandi says:

I like the new layout better…can’t wait to see it finished!

9. Cheri says:

How inspiring. Makes me want to go see what’s hidden in the recesses of my closet!

10. Mary Ann Roberts says:

I am learning so much from you. I really appreciate your willingness to share your expertise. I am a novice quilter and quilt buyer. Not sure how many you need to own to be considered a true collector. But I keep buying as I love textile art. Mary Ann

11. katechiconi says:

The flashes of orange are just what that quilt needed. It must be good have space to lay out, and leave a WIP where it is rather than needing to put it away all the time.

Thanks….it did brighten it up!
      yes it is wonderful to have the space to leave it out and I find that it helps in the design too…because I have more time to look at it

12. Sharron Evans says:

This is pitiful to ask but do you happen to have a pattern for that design? I tried to make the design myself and was not successful, that’s putting it politely. I didn’t see it for sale last time I looked at your patterns. I need your help.

13. Marla says:

I like the changes that you made in this top. Nicely done.

14. Lorij says:

The addiitions are beautiful. Teddy did an awesome job.😄 It’s a gorgeous top.

15. Jill Stiger (from the Detroit guild) says:

Hi Tim
    What beautiful batik! What do you do with all of your quilts when you finish? Mine are piling up around me and I find it hard to give one away. Jill

16. Pam G. says:

I remember this! Looking beautiful. Teddy is such a good helper.

17. Ginney Camden says:

This is going to be beautiful. I love the colors. Batiks are so pretty but i really don’t like hand quilting them. I think it’s much easier to hand quilt cottons, but sure like the look of batiks!

18. Rose in VT says:

Teddy looks very glad to see things back to normal around there!

19. Linda says:

I think your second quilt is a lot prettier. I have never tried paper piecing.
    I first heard about it many years ago when someone told me about using it for a grandmother’s flower garden quilt. I though “Wow first making all those hexagons out of paper then cutting them out fabric. That is a lot of work!”
    I love your quilts, by the way. And your gardening (and the new studio).

that paper piecing is different …….the paper piecing I am doing is foundation paper piecing…..I think in a future post I will do a tutorial on how I do it……much different than cutting out lots of little paper pieces ……

20. lucyannluna says:

Love the colours of your quilt. Your little dog is so cute

Comments