Slow Progress

Last time I had 2 sides finished.

Now I have 3.

It seems to be taking forever….but I should be able to finish the piecing tomorrow.

It has been a great luxury to have the space on the floor to lay out the blocks and still have room to work.

The garden is starting to bloom more. (click pictures to enlarge)

The grass in the new fenced in yard is starting to fill in.   I had to have some grass for Teddy.  I thought about doing sod but grass seed is a lot less expensive 🙂

I will be planting the space around the edges with flowers and shrubs.  Most of that will have to wait for spring.

21 thoughts on “Slow Progress

Beautiful garden, of course! The quilt will get there, you have accomplished so much these past few weeks, remember!

2. Deb says:

Beautiful flowers!! And piecing that border does take time,Sure is pretty though!

3. Everything is so pretty. I’d sure like to know what plant it is you have under 7484 and 7485. I love it.

4. Lindsay Pavel says:

I wish Queen of the Prairie could grow where I live. I’ve never seen anything like it; must have missed it in your blog last year. I like this quilt with the extra blocks in it. I love to see your progress outdoors and in. Please keep blogging!

5. Lorij says:

You’re making good progress on the quilt top. What kind of tree is the pink one in the 4th picture? I think it’s beautiful along with the yellow roses and the pink flower that looks like a rose. Your whole garden is pretty. Makes me feel happy each time I see photos of it 😄. Today I really needed that.
    Where is Teddy?

6. susie Q says:

It may be slow but it is beautiful. Just as seed is slower than sod in time it is all the same. Having fun watching YOU pull this new house together.

7. Pam G. says:

The quilt top is looking great and your flowers are amazing! So glad you take time to share – Thanks

Go Tim go! Godspeed with the garden and the quilt top. Would be fun to do a time lapse series of photos over a year of your new property as you clean it out, set it up and watch it flourish

9. Gloria Ochoa says:

Hi Tim, I admire your work and your advice is much needed. My daughter was given this quilt top many years ago by her husband’s grandmother. The dresden plates are not fused and the points are raw edged and then appliqued with a blanket stitch. I am going to hand quilt it for her finally,but not sure how to do this edges. How would you go about this? Thank you so much.

Comments

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )