Batik top finished

I finished the Batik top today.    I am really pleased with it  and glad I made the changes I did.   The additional color really adds a lot.

It took some time to remove all the paper.

And longer than I thought at the sewing machine.

100 blocks and a border.   It finished at 86 inches square.

Teddy approves.

DSCN7554 DSCN7552
Now back to hand quilting before I start another top.

35 thoughts on “Batik top finished

1. Mrs. Plum says:

This one is so much fun, Tim. You did a great job with the piecing!

Well done! It’s beautiful Tim. Yes, the pride is shining in Teddy’s eyes too.b

3. Peg says:

Love the orange!

4. kathi says:

Just incredible Tim– and so worth the extra time and effort. Nothing worse than doing a quicker version of a design and then every time you see the quilt again, you regret not spending the extra time. There will be no regrets with this one– it’s a masterpiece — by a master! Bravo!

5. Martha Caterino says:

Love your color and design playfulness!

6. katechiconi says:

Yup, that orange really makes it sing. I love those feather ‘palm leaves’ – it would look right at home here in the tropics!

7. Alex says:

Awesome sewing machine, and what great taste Teddy has.

8. Lorij says:

First prize I say!!!! First prize!!!!!😄
    You’ve done a beautiful job.
    And, so has Teddy. 😊

9. Lorij says:

Should say so does Teddy.

10. The top is lovely, but I have to say, Teddy looks like he is smiling in this photo! Good work, again, Tim! 👍🏻

11. Pam G. says:

Another masterpiece! Well done. Perfect background for ‘The Inspector’.

12. Barbara says:

Awesome!

13. Ginney Camden says:

It’s beautiful. And Teddy’s approval is important!

14. Karin Peirce says:

Teddy, as always, a perfect accent to your wonderful piecing. The colors are so beautiful.

15. Gisele says:

It’s beautiful Tim, changing the colours has made it shine even more!

16. Stephanie says:

Seriously impressive.
    I love paper piecing. Although it is possibly more work, I find it more accurate and satisfying.
    I found a good tutorial (Parts 1 & 2 “Sew fun 2 quilt”) on Youtube for freezer paper piecing. After initial problems feeding the freezer paper into my printer to make copies, it was great. You don’t have to tear the paper away – but you do need to use an iron when you press over the seams. I got a hotel iron on Ebay here in U.K. It automatically turns off after a short while if it is not moved but reheats (really quickly) as soon as you move it which helps to reduce electricity consumption and stop me getting over heated too!
    I do find your blog so interesting. I am amazed that you can fit so much into your life!!

17. Marilyn says:

Very nice Tim. It feels good to finish a project!

Comments