I Finished up the next Batik Top. I posted a few days ago about how I made the center blocks ( https://timquilts.com/2015/07/14/using-up-the-extras/)
I liked the center so much that I decided to add a wide border and make it full-sized. I made the border blocks much the same way but different sized and with different fabrics.
Here is how I did the border. I stacked up 5 different batiks (they were about 22″ x 18″) and I cut them up and then arranged them like this.
Then sewed them together and re-cut them the opposite direction and rearranged the pieces again like this.
then sewed them together
I trimmed the finished blocks to straighten up the edges to 14″ X 17″.
Here they are partially arranged with the center.
Teddy says OK sew them on……
I made the sides wider than the top and bottom border to get a better finished size.
one more side to go and a last strip of purple and here it is.
Finished size is 80″ x 90″.
I really like it 🙂