A few more garden pictures

The weather forecast never seems to cooperate with my plans.    As the saying goes “If you want to make God laugh tell him about your plans” .  I had planned to work in the garden today.   I started by taking a few pictures.  It was sunny and beautiful and got darker and darker  then the wind picked up and now it is raining.    So much for the plans 😦      I guess I was meant to work on quilty things today.    At any rate here are today’s garden pictures (click pictures to enlarge)

The grass in the new side yard, in the fenced area is doing great.  I need to do some work on the grass between the drive and the brick walk.

Teddy had to go to the vet yesterday.   He has an ongoing allergy problem that causes him to get very itchy and scratch himself raw.   When it gets bad he has to have steroids and antibiotics ….which make him very tired .   He didn’t feel like posing for pictures today.  But he is doing well.   I can tell he is already feeling better … no scratching, just sleepy , but also very relieved

Happy Gardening and Quilting

35 thoughts on “A few more garden pictures

1. Colleen says:

Your gardens are thriving and healthy! My Cairn terrier has the same allergy issues. He drives himself crazy twitching and biting his poor legs.

I feel so bad for him…..I am sure it makes him very uncomfortable. Teddy is much better, but I dont like to give him steroids often. The vet has ordered a now allergy drug to try…..will see how it works …it will be a few weeks before we try it

• Colleen says:

I hope it is a success. We switched foods, not food issue, and it happens year round, so it can’t be a grass allergy, but yet, maybe…. it improves a little in the winter but not 100%. So we just keep on trying to treat the symptoms.

I hope you find the solution

2. Linda Ecklund says:

Beautiful garden shots and I’m so glad that Teddy is feeling better! Nice to have quilting to fall back on when plans fall through!

3. Nancy says:

Poor Teddy! Our Suki had bad allergies and needed a steroid shot every year. We would wipe her legs with a wet rag to get the pollen off. Glad he is feeling better now.

4. Your flowers are a riot of color!

5. Ann in PA says:

Your garden is beautiful! Poor Teddy…dang allergies are nasty!

6. glendajean says:

Sorry to hear you have been feeling so low Teddy and glad you are over the worse. Tim the garden is just glowing. Love those cone flowers they are one of my favourite flowers to appliqué so lovely to see them in your garden and one with a butterfly. We don’t see them so much in the gardens in OZ Cheers Glenda

it is getting to be butterfly season here….but it is hard to catch a good picture…they usually fly away by the time I get the camera and get out there

7. That orange lily (I think it is a lily) #7604 is so beautiful! Everything is.

8. Jan says:

Your fear den is looking very pretty…as usual…sorry to hear Teddy is not feeling the best…he is so special…. Love the character of the houses in your street… Do you have a sit on mower?? Lots more lawn to look after.

9. Jan says:

Oh dear spell check at it again…the above comment should be your garden is looking very pretty.

10. Lorij says:

Photos are wonderful. Sorry about TeddyI understand very well about allergiesI have allergies too and sometimes the medication can have a bad affect even though it works. Give Teddy a pat for me. Hope he’s back to himself soon.

11. Lorij says:

Hi Tim, hope you are well. I think I’ve asked before but I’m asking again for help. I’m having awful trouble trying to piece Lemoyne stars. Can you please help. Thanks, Lorij

12. Christine says:

beautiful flowers…

13. Stephanie says:

My Molly (King Charles Cavalier – now sadly RIP) used to get very itchy legs in the summer (UK). Eventually we worked out that it was mites. Spot on flea treatment that also killed mites and ticks was effective. She was prone to ear mites which seem to get more active in the summer months and can migrate to other parts of the body but there are also mites that live in grass etc apparently. Itching is miserable. Poor Teddy!

yes it sure is miserable. And it could be mites….he has always had the problem but it is worse this year….but so are my allergies , I think it is the weather

14. Benji says:

Sorry to hear about Teddy- my schnauzer had similar dermal issues, but he was allergic to wheat, corn, and other grains. We fed him Dick Van Patton’s grain free formula and he was always fine, but if he got some cookies or helped himself to another dog’s food, he would get all itchy and scratchy.

15. Nerida Duncan says:

So sorry Teddy was so poorly. The dog I care for has a couple of allergies too wheat and particular grasses – usually means I need to mow and I dont buy ‘dog’ food. Everthing from scratch which is no big deal anyway.

Funny that my plans today were to do quilty things but as the sun was out decided to walk the dog and do outdoor things. Especially as we have rain forecast for later in the week and the we have been so cold here of late.

Comments

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )