Diamond Tutorial

Yesterday I posted a few pictures of a diamond block quilt I started

I made a few more blocks today and took some pictures to show How I made them,

First I cut 2 inch strips of fabric (width of fabric).Β Β  I am using 8 fabrics in the darker/brighter blocks and 8 in the lighter blocks.

Here are the dark strips

Piece them together into strip sets of 4

I am using a 60 degree triangle ruler to cut the blocks

DSCN7629DSCN7630

You will get 2 sets of blocks from this set

The diamonds are made by setting two triangles together

sew and press and here is one block

This is how I am setting them together (I might change the color placements)

I could also set them this direction

Teddy was anxious to have his picture taken today…he thinks the blocks match his bandana πŸ™‚

21 thoughts on “Diamond Tutorial

1. Nancy says:

Tim… nice tute, but you missed posting Teddy’s picture in his bandana that he thinks matches the blocks. Member here of the Teddy Fan Club.
    πŸ˜‰

This is really lovely, Tim — the colors arranged that way are euphonious and with a great sense of movement.

3. banksia says:

Wow,that’s fabulous Tim,I am going to try this!Thank you for sharingπŸ˜€ Glad Teddy is back on deckπŸ’›πŸŒ»

4. glendajean says:

First Teddy you look so much better. Tim thanks soooo much for this tutorial, I love this patten and did not realise how easy the lay out was, what fun it will be to make . Much appreciate the time you take to photography your tutorials step by step. Cheers Glenda PS the quilt is going to be a stunner.

5. Thank you Tim. Shared it with my little stream QuiltersIdeaExchange.

6. Christiane lacasse says:

C’est extraordinaire ce que vous faites

7. Lorij says:

I love it. I always think the brighter the better!!!! The more color the better. It will be a gorgeous top. It looks like it’s dancing, it looks absolutely Happy πŸ˜„.
    And, that Teddy looks like he is back on point! Hip, hip hurray!!!!πŸ˜† So glad he’s mended.

8. I like how this uses ALL the fabric! Thanks for showing!

9. Deb says:

This is a cheerful bright, reminds me of summer.

10. Peg says:

Love it!!! Did you piece this on point?

Comments