More Piecing

Yesterday I posted this picture.

It is the leftover pieces from the ends of the strip sets.   I sewed it together today …..I rearranged the pieces first.

Tons of pieces come together in the center and it is not perfect ….but I like it. I plan to add it to a quilt made from all the leftover fabric.

The main quilt top has grown.

I think I will leave the sides jagged.   It will be a bit more work to bind it that way but I like the way it looks.    I could add 1/2 blocks to the edges to make a straight line.

It might seem like I could use those 1/2 triangles for the edges rather than make the hexagon blocks.    The problem with that is they aren’t the correct angle.

2 of them looks like this.

but to fit the rest of the pattern it needs to be a 1/2 block cut down the center like this.

The other option would be to use a solid piece.   I have a lot of piecing yet to do before I need to decide.

Or maybe I will ask Teddy

Happy quilting

13 thoughts on “More Piecing

1. Jaydee Price says:

Teddy have such wise eyes and he is such a good supervisor I’m sure. I like what you are doing with you solids.

2. naomiz5 says:

I noticed that Teddy’s ears are at a similar angle to the edges of the quilt – perhaps he is voting to leave it jagged. I happen to agree with Teddy.

3. Nerida Duncan says:

I really like the new look hexagon. Teddy looks puzzled.

4. Espirational says:

Love the bright colors. They really make the pattern pop.

5. Barbara says:

I like the idea of a solid piece in a soft solid color.

6. Lorij says:

The 2 1/2 inch block that you put in to show us is nice, I like it. The edge with out the block added is pretty too. But, then whichever is easier for you is the one to do. They will either one be beautiful. I’m certain that Teddy will happily agree 😊.

7. Mary says:

I am totally enjoying your blog, I have gone back and read your past posts. Your quilting and gardens are amazing. Recently retired here in Arizona and you can garden but it is not as lush. Getting into quilting and have a whole cloth that I am trying to decide on. Have so much fabric that I probably should do pieced quilts first, however. We will see what happens in the next few months. Teddy appears to be the best helper and supervisor anyone could want for a companion. Sorry for the ramble, the best to you and Teddy.

8. audrey says:

Such an interesting design! I am enjoying the pieced diamonds.:)

Comments