August Snow

My Snowflake quilt (which I started last August…. see post here:  https://timquilts.com/2014/08/06/snowflakes-in-august-and-updates/)  will be at AQS quilt week Aug 12-15 in Grand Rapids , and at Des Moines  Sept 30 – Oct 3. here is the link for details  http://www.quiltweek.com/

DSCN7031blue

In Grand Rapids there will also be a special exhibit from The Quilt Alliance “Animals We Love”

Quilt Alliance presents Animals We Love, the result of their 9th Annual Quilt Contest. The 89 small quilts honor an amazing array of animals including a giraffe, bees, goldfish, and a bighorn sheep. All of the quilts, representing many styles and techniques, are donated. After a summer and fall of touring, the quilts will be sold at an online auction in November 2015, one of the most important annual fundraisers for the Alliance for American Quilts. The 2 Teddy quilts are a part of that exhibit.
DSCN5675DSCN5693

And I Have a snowflake and pattern featured in the current issue of Holiday Crafts magazine.

DSCN7854DSCN7856

I do plan some day to make that snowflake into a quilt.      The magazine is in stores now.

I made some progress on the red white and black quilt .

DSCN7860 DSCN7859 DSCN7858 DSCN7857

Teddy didn’t feel like posing today, he was more interested in relaxing.

I think he might have the right idea 🙂

Happy quilting

39 thoughts on “August Snow

1. Sharron Evans says:

If I remember correctly (that’s iffy) doesn’t the Alliance bring their animal quilts down here to Houston for Quilt Festival? I would love to see those reindeers in person. Of course, I could do that if I made the one I bought from you. Let’s not get silly.

2. Amanda Best says:

Congratulations, on your reindeer quilt being in the show and of course the snowflake in Holiday Crafts. I always love seeing what you and Teddy are up to!

3. Cathie Lanier says:

Congrats on being in the magazine issue!
    You and Teddy do good work.

4. averyclaire says:

WOW….congratulations on your quilts being in the shows! I absolutely LOVE that reindeer quilt, especially the tedious trapunto work you did on it! And the quilts of Teddy are adorable…are you sure you can part with those….I am not sure I could. Unless perhaps you have more at home! That big red and black quilt of yours is stunning. Love the hand quilting you have done on it. It’s another “Tim” masterpiece! WTG

5. Sandy says:

Congratulations on all of the above!

6. Mary says:

I can’t wait to see it in person!

7. Rose in Vt says:

I had the pleasure of seeing your quilt at the AQS show in Syracuse last week. Beautiful! My first two quilts to be juried into an AQS show will be at the Iowa show – if I remember to mail them.
    Will have to look for that magazine, the snowflake looks wonderful.

8. Great news. Congratulations!

9. Nancy says:

I look forward to seeing your quilts this week!

Can’t wait to see them in the Des Moines show!

Good luck Tim! I’ll be looking for the announcements for both shows.

12. Congratulations on your exhibits and magazine publication. Thanks for the update on the red, white and black quilt. Love to see that texture emerging!

13. Denise says:

Love Teddy! Such a good pup! Your quilts are always wonderful. I love your snowflakes too! Bravo, congrats on the shows.

14. Barbara Favreau says:

Tim – I saw your reindeer snowflake quilt at AQS in Syracuse – it was AMAZING! And since I had watched it come together on your blog, it was like finding an old friend. Kisses to Teddy!

15. Kay A. says:

Well your snowflake quilt is just Spectacular! Don’t know if I would ever have the patience, but would sure like to try something very small like that.
    I would like to know where you got the pattern for the Teddy doggy? I have a little schnauzer and would love to do one of those for my quilt room. It is precious and you did a beautiful job. All of your quilts shown here are just outstanding! Bravo, Sir, BRAVO!

16. Dee W says:

I’m looking forward to seeing your snowflake also, but bummed that Teddy’s quilt won’t be in Des Moines. Maybe I should whine to my friend who works for AQS! Good Job!

17. Lorij says:

Congratulations on your exciting accomplishment. 😄

18. Lorij says:

Congratulations on your exciting accomplishment. 😄 Teddy is just resting from all the help he’s given. He looks so cute. Give him a rub for me 😊.

19. Michelle says:

Really enjoyed seeing your reindeer snowflake quilt in person recently at the AQS Quilt Week show in Syracuse, NY. Truly lovely!

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )