AQS in Grand Rapids

I made it to the AQS show in Grand Rapids today.   Here are a few pictures (click pictures to enlarge) I only took a few pictures.

I know it might seem odd to some but I get excited about batting!  Hobb’s is my favorite.   Here is what I got today. (I will be  posting about how the work out as soon as I start quilting )

2015-08-13 03.33.37 2015-08-13 03.33.15

I love the wool but I am excited to try the wool cotton blend.

And here is a handy chart

2015-08-13 03.34.08

There are over 300 quilts there so if you have the time in the next 2 days it is worth the trip.

13 thoughts on “AQS in Grand Rapids

1. Pam G. says:

Sure wish I could have made it back to Michigan this week! Thanks for sharing the photos.

2. Carin says:

What a beautiful quilts !
    Wool is also my favorite but I always buy Wool from Quilters Dream, it is feels so very soft and quilting this batting is so wonderful.

3. Ann Genaske says:

Congratulations on all of your entries, Tim. I know that Barbara Clem kind of cleaned up this year but in my humble opinion Reindeer was a much better example of handquilting, as well as traditional trapunto. Looking forward to seeing how you like the wool/cotton batting. I’m a big fan of wool but certainly open to your suggestions.

4. adaisygarden says:

I’m actually shocked that you didn’t win. Your quilt is amazing.

5. Ann says:

Congratulations on your lovely quilts and thanks for the information on Tuscany. Hobbs is my favorite batting, too.

6. Lorij says:

I don’t know why your quilt didn’t win. It is awesome. But, then that’s just my opinion. The quilt that won looks Okay but, it’s not as beautiful as yours.

7. Nerida Duncan says:

Thank you for the little tour. I too was disappointed not to see a ribbon on the reindeer quilt. 😦 I understand about batting, I like to try different ones here and ther. I have this week managed to buy a vintage batting that I will be very interested to try. As yet I have not been able to find anything about the manufacturer but it is labelled Tokio No 1, Pure China Cotton. If anyone has heard of it or knows anything about it I would be most grateful to hear what you have to say. I plan to use it on one of my vintage quilt tops.

Comments