piecing and marking

I have made a bit of progress on my hex quilt

lots more to go…..as I make more I keep rearranging it so it may not end up this way.

I bought a hand dyed piece of fabric a while ago to make into a whole cloth quilt.   see that post here for information on the fabric  https://timquilts.com/2015/05/11/something-new/

I finally started marking it

unfortunately it is very hard to get a picture of the marking.    You can sort of see the marking  in the pictures of Teddy sitting on it. (click the pic to enlarge)

mostly I have been hand quilting …..pictures soon

12 thoughts on “piecing and marking

1. JanineMarie says:

Tim, there is a Pets on Quilts linky party going on at http://lilypadquilting.blogspot.com/
    Teddy told me he wants you to enter his picture. 🙂

yikes….I didn’t know what A Linky party was so I looked it up and I don’t understand one single thing in the rules……I have no clue how I would go about it ….I really only understand how to post my regular blog stuff

• JanineMarie says:

Aw, too bad. Teddy would be so cute in it. I’d talk you through it, but I’m not too good at that. (I fly by the seat of my pants when blogging. I can do stuff intuitively, but can’t explain well).

2. Cheri says:

Are you doing the marking free hand? And are you using your new markers? It’s going to be fantastic!!

yes I am doing it free hand…..the design in the fabric is not uniform because of how it is dyed….if I try to make the design with a stencil or template it would end up not following the design of the fabric and end up looking off so I am just eyeballing it based on the fabric variations

3. Carolyn says:

I like that hexagon quilt! The lightest pieces, placed randomly (it seems) make it really sparkle!

4. Lorij says:

The pattern you’ve drawn is pretty. Teddy’s neck tie is colorful and pretty. I’m so glad he’s back to his old self again.
    The light colored aged to the bright seems to add more zing to the design. It’s pretty as you have it. When you add enough to make the 2 ends that aren’t done I think it week be wonderful. Happy quilting! ! ! ! 😄

5. Lorij says:

Should say light colors added to the bright

6. Lorij says:

And it will be. Don’t know what is going on. Some times I think the computer writes what it choses, not what we say!!!!

7. Ann Genaske says:

Your new wholecloth is stunning! I knew it would be impossible to spend as much time in the garden as you do and not walk away inspired!
    Your design fits the dyes in the cloth perfectly. What fun!

Comments