My Supervisor

The time flies when there is so much to do!  The garden has been taking time because I am thinning and transplanting.

Teddy has been supervising transplanting.

He has to stay in the fenced yard while I go and dig up the plants…he can watch from the deck.

I (we) moved a few more shrubs today and several perennials.

here are a few pictures from the studio window.

DSCN7958 DSCN7956

speaking of the studio  here it is….I already need to clean up but love the space

The garden has taken up a lot of time so I haven’t finished piecing the top.

I have an idea for a new quilt so I started to play with that …..I couldn’t help myself.

I did a lot of hand quilting …..here is one of the quilts…still 4 blocks to go.

DSCN7972 DSCN7974

I will post more soon….when the light is better

28 thoughts on “My Supervisor

1. Marilyn Schambach says:

Inspiring! Don’t apologize for working in the garden; remember how long winter is.

2. huggybears says:

Its always amazing to see how much get done-all the work wih the precious gardens and Teddy and plans for new quilts-Tim-you are awesome to follow your days in the making ! Marga

3. kemosabaycampground says:

The garden is really shaping up. It looks so nice and clean. I live in the country so the weeds are uncontrollable. I have been doing battle with Scotch Thistle. It is the plant from hell. Luckily it is a biennial unlike the Canadian thistle that I also battle. So I did some research on what it looks like in the first year so hopefully I can win the battle.

4. Sandra B says:

The garden is really coming along….but I know it is hard work! I am enjoying seeing it come to life!!
    Love that quilt…it is the New York Beauty block, right? The colors are amazing….
    Good to see Teddy!

5. Judie Frost says:

Tim, you need to hang one of your beautiful quilts on your studio walls. It would make your wonderful area so colorful. I enjoy your blogs, Judie Frost

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab®|PRO

6. susie Q says:

As a gardener myself, I totally enjoy your garden – old and new. Had to laugh at the studio picture and all the hoops you have….. I have one.

Thanks…….
      I guess I do have a few hoops….but they are different sizes so I use them according to the quilt I am working on……but I did have just one for a long time

7. Kathy says:

The garden is just amazing. You and and Teddy should be proud. I also have hoop envy. I only have one right now. My big oval split and gave up. Need to purchase a new one. Have a very good weekend!

thanks. I have sort of started collecting old hoops …..the older hoops are much better made…..my first hoop was from joann fabrics….really inexpensive…..cracked several times and held together with lots of tape

8. Helenanne Judisch says:

Teddy is such a talented supervisor. Love seeing the progress as he keeps you on task between the gardens and the quilts. Between his oversight and your hard work beauty is blooming inside and out!

9. Lorij says:

Ohhhhh! just to have a little bit of your energy 😄. Everything looks so nice. Teddy looks like he is really supervising. Keep up the good work.

10. Donna K says:

Hi Tim
    Your gardens are really taking shape nicely.
    I love the quilting on the suspension bridge quilt. You always seem to know how to fill it up with just the right shapes.

11. Rose in Vt says:

I too had to smile when I saw your hoops. And I recall the days when I had only one, that kept breaking, and I’d re-glue and tape it. A friend felt sorry for me and gave me one of hers, which started the ‘collection.’ She has passed away now, so hers is still my favorite.

I do think it is a good thing to collect…..but I dont know if I have a favorite…..but it is nice that you have one from your friend .. that makes it special

12. norma says:

Teddy the supervisor made me smile….Love the Suspension Bridge variation.

13. Ginney Camden says:

The yard is looking great. Maybe you could hook up Teddy to a little wagon and have him pull your transplants from yard to yard. 🙂 Do you use all the hoops hanging on your studio wall? I have had in the past several really big ones like what you have and I never could get comfortable with those. If I’m not using a quilt frame then I prefer two hoops both of which are relatively small – one is oval and the other round.

14. Pam G. says:

The new yard is taking shape and going to be so beautiful. As I’ve said before – your neighbors must love having you there! Teddy is such a good supervisor.

Comments