Butterflies

When September comes to Lansing I start to see a lot of Monarch Butterflies in my garden.    Click pictures to enlarge

They were in a cooperative mood and let me get a few pictures.

It has been a while since I have had time to paint but I enjoy painting butterflies

Monarch Painting

It is starting to look like fall even though it was 88 degrees today and the humidity was almost that high.   I am finally getting some tomatoes that look like they will ripen soon.     Some of the “fall” flowers are blooming, the hydrangea are changing color, mums in bloom,  lots of walnuts and leaves from the neighbors trees are bombarding the yard.

I took a few pictures of the garden

Teddy was happy to come inside and turn on the Air conditioning

16 thoughts on “Butterflies

1. Cathie King says:

Now you’re telling us you can PAINT as well! There is no end to your talent. I’m so jealous.

2. Cheri says:

What a lovely painting! Is it acrylic or watercolor? I have a feeling that expressing oneself in more than one creative outlet must have a positive effect on a quilter (or writer or painter). I need to get back to my water colors!

3. Sue Thornton says:

Tim, what is the plant with the little orange balls on the stem. I have them in my yard but don’t know what they are.

4. Terry says:

What a totally talented man you are! Your painting is wonderful. I too am a sucker for Monarchs. Their colors are so beautiful!

5. Marie-Odile says:

Beautiful!
    Don’t you think Monarchs are just flying quilts?

6. I’m glad to see so many Monarchs up your way. The numbers are going up this year. I am eagerly waiting for them to come my way on their way to Mexico.

7. Is there anything you aren’t good at? Everything you do is lovely. I wish the butterflies would make a comeback here. We see very little of them now.

8. Rose in Vt says:

Haven’t seen any butterflies here yet, will keep hoping!
    A month ago I was wondering if all those tomatoes were ever going to turn red, or yellow. Now, I have blt’s, tomato pie, I’ve made tomato sauce, will make chili tomorrow, and I just gave 5 to my neighbor. And that’s not even a dent in the crop. Help!

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )