Sometimes (often) I start to do one thing and end up doing something totally different.
I realized on Friday that I almost missed the deadline to enter a quilt in the Phoenix American Quilters Society show in February. I read through the categories and decided to enter my Rose Quilt. I needed to get a picture of it hanging to use for the entry and one close up picture. In order to do that I needed to do some unpacking that has been waiting for me (more about that later). It was wrinkled so I had to steam it to get pictures. Anyway here is the full pic and the close up.
So that being done it was back to unpacking. I still have a ton of stuff in boxes that needs organizing in the studio. I started on a tub of fabric and didn’t even get it unpacked before I got distracted by a new plan and started working on a new quilt top.
I have a lot more fabric than I realized.
and nothing in the tub has made it to the shelf yet 😦
I did take a few picture of the garden
most of the flowers in the older part are done for the year.
There are a few things in bloom, Celosia Argentea and Toad lilies are looking good.
The Rudbeckia hirta I planted in the new bed by the drive is blooming
My new grass is looking great. The beds around the edges are filling in with plants as I have time to divide and move things.
So much to do before the end of fall!
But now it is back to work hand quilting. I have a lot to catch up on!