Still here

It has been a while since I have posted.    I feel like I have been slacking …   but I did make some progress on the new top

last time it looked like this.

I added more and did some rearranging.

and more.

filled in the last of the holes and added a border.

Teddy decided to do his rabbit impression.

He really had just heard a noise and that is his “I hear something” pose.

Here he is in his normal quilt pose

I got started on piecing the blocks together

DSCN8275 DSCN8276DSCN8281

I think I am going to write up a pattern for this one.

I haven’t done much hand quilting…..back and eyes ( one of my medications causes blurry vision) aren’t cooperating.  But I will be back to it soon.  I can do big stitches but tiny little stitching is tough…going to look into a magnifier.

I added a hanging rod in the living room to hang this quilt.

DSCN8164l

A few more to add and I will post pictures of that.

Happy quilting

28 thoughts on “Still here

It’s looking great! I love the rabbit ears!

2. terry says:

Teddy is priceless! I loved his “rabbit” impersonation! Your latest quilt is awesome. I like the richness of the colors with your setting. The blue border is the perfect accent.

3. Cathie King says:

I love the way the quilt is turning out. Teddy is too cute. When my schnauzers do that to their ears, we call it their ” Flying Nun” look!

4. katechiconi says:

Hope you’re better and back in action very soon.

5. Lindsay Pavel says:

I’m glad you are still here and able to create both of these astounding quilts. Speaking of astounding, I have never seen nor ever imagined that Teddy’s ears could fly up like that! What a talent!

6. norma says:

The new quilt is progressing really well and looking fab.

7. Carolyn says:

I enjoy your pics of quilts and Teddy very much. I love how the one you’ve hung on your wall seems to “sparkle”!

8. Eileen says:

Tim, I love the three dimensionality of these quilts. Even in the small screen pictures, my eye roams over the quilt from one section to another. Such depth! Love Teddy’s ears. What a trick! Please post your findings on magnifiers. I could benefit from one as well.

9. susie Q says:

Super sorry to hear that the back and eyes are not good. It does take a lot of the fun out of our projects.

The pictures of the new quilt evolving are great. A lot can be learned by folks like me to study how you changed things up and the effects. And pictures show it best. So much of this quilt is the way the fabrics flow color wise…. can that actually be written into a pattern – good luck.

Now Teddy’s rabbit picture may be the best… and I liked all the pictures of the new quilt …… you are quite clever.

10. Sandy says:

Tim,
    It’s beautiful, colourful and the blue border sets it off perfectly. It would make a great pattern. Looking forward to how you will quilt it. No fun with back & eye problems. Hope it gets resolved. Teddy looks funny with bunny ears!

11. I’ll guess even when you’re “slacking,” a lot is going on. No apologies ever needed for blogging gaps.

12. Becky in VA says:

You are far from being a “Slacker” – Take care of yourself and hope your back is getting better.

13. Cheri says:

This quilt is so 3-D! It’s just fun to study it. Love Teddy’s ears too. He has so much personality. Thanks for sharing. (Hope your back is much improved.)

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )