Quilts brighten the space

I decided it was time to hang some quilts.     I wanted to hand some in the sewing room….but there is not a wall in there that would fit one….those angles doors and windows don’t allow that.  I might need to make some small quilts for that.

I hung this one in the living room.

also this one over the sofa.

And this one over the Victrola.

In the quilting room (where my quilting frame is) I hung this one

and this one over the radio

I have a few more to hang.   I need to get more hardware.

I got more of the piecing done on the new quilt.

DSCN8291 DSCN8290 DSCN8289

It takes a while to put these blocks together …there are ten million match points .

34 thoughts on “Quilts brighten the space

1. averyclaire says:

WOW…the handing quilts look amazing! They surely do brighten the space. I absolutely LOVE ALL of them. You are a great inspiration to me to accomplish more hand quilting on my own, and an inspiration to lots of others as well. Thank you!

2. Sharon in Galesburg says:

The addition of your quilts to your walls look fantastic!! It looks warm and inviting. I assume you gave the Inspector an opportunity to select the ones he felt appropriate to represent you and he……lol. Nice job, Tim😃

3. Jaydee Price says:

Tim your quilts are lovely and they really spark up plain walls. You have your own museum now.
    Jaydee

4. Susan Steele says:

the coral/peach/gry and black large motif totally lights up that space!! They all look beautiful!

5. Tina Williams says:

That is quite the quilt gallery you’ve put together. Super awesome!!!!!

Nicely done! You could open your doors now and give quilt tours! 🙂

7. Cheri says:

Your quilts are just stunning as wall hangings! I see your eclectic taste in quilts, and I really identify with that. What a beautiful and welcoming space you’ve created. 😊

8. susie Q says:

I am amazed as I watched you make all those hung quilts – this year – not many work so quickly and purposefully as you.

9. Debi says:

The hanging quilts are lovely. Looking at your walls with beautiful quilts on them makes me look around at my walls and think about what quilts I would/should hang. Could you do a post for us about how you hang your quilts? Clearly you are not using the usual hanging sleeve.

10. Espirational says:

A house isn’t a home until there are quilts on the walls. 🙂 Love yours.

11. JanineMarie says:

I really like how the rods and curtain hangers show off your quilts. I have hung mine with sleeves, but I never like sewing them on. I like your way better. And it is so much more flexible for changing the display.

12. Barbara Bettles says:

Wonderful display! I really enjoyed it. So nice to see a range of quilts that you have done, and yes, a garden and home tour would be so cool!

13. Sandra B says:

I thought I had left a comment….then it didn’t post….so I will try again….
    Love all the quilts hanging….really brightens up each room …. and, with all the quilts you have, you can change them whenever the mood strikes! I really like how you have used clips instead of a hanging sleeve…looks like it makes them hang more evenly….and a lot easier, and quicker, as well….I am thinking it will make for quick work to change what is hanging.
    Glad to see that Teddy is supervising!
    With all this work, I hope this means that you are feeling better!

yes…the clips make it fast and flexible! I can change out a quilt in just a few minutes ….. I am feeling better…..still a bit of blurry vision so It is hard to be very accurate in sewing, so Im sticking with simple

14. audrey says:

Lovely to see your quilts on display! It really gives us something to think about seeing them day after day. I have to be careful what I hang because I have so much direct sunlight in my house.

I dont have a lot of sunlight….but I do think I am going to add UV blocking film to the windows. First I need to fix them all so they open/close correctly…..over 100 years of paint build up makes it a challenge

15. Kathleen says:

Thanks for posting these quilts. Looking good! There are two that I hadn’t seen before. Give teddy a pat for being so good and helping you!

16. […] Friend-of-QN and subject of our December/January 2014 “Meetin’ Place” Tim Latimer blogs regularly about his hand-quilted works in progress, usually a vintage quilt top that he purchased to finish. He recently shared photos of how he displays some of his quilts in his home (Note: one hangs over a Victrola) as well as photos of his current project and his dog, Teddy, aka The Quilt Inspector. timquilts.com […]

17. Sharon Snow says:

How do you hang your quilts? I can not tell. SOme of them look like curtain rods.

18. […] Friend-of-QN and subject of our December/January 2014 “Meetin’ Place” Tim Latimer blogs regularly about his hand-quilted works in progress, usually a vintage quilt top that he purchased to finish. He recently shared photos of how he displays some of his quilts in his home (Note: one hangs over a Victrola) as well as photos of his current project and his dog, Teddy, aka The Quilt Inspector. timquilts.com […]

Comments