Painting the studio

I got the studio painted.   It started with buying a new sewing machine and needing to rearrange the room.    I also needed to fix the windows (which still need repainting but that is next). since everything needed moving it was the perfect time to paint.

There were several cans of paint in the basement.   I decided to see what would happen if I mixed a few cans together.    The color turned out pretty good and didn’t cost anything.

Here is how it looked before.

It is hard to tell how dark the gray paint is in this picture so here is a close up.

I rearranged the furniture so that Teddy could have his chair by the window.

I have space for both the Singer 301a and the 600.   And I hung a bunch of my paintings.  Before I started quilting I had time to paint.

Here are some more pictures of the space (click pictures to enlarge)

I have some organizing to do now……everything ended up on my desk.

That is the project for tomorrow….and maybe sanding and painting the windows……then window treatments……then organize the storage closet……

I’m tired already

38 thoughts on “Painting the studio

1. The Frugal Quilter says:

You paint too?!?! If course you do! Wow! Superman!
    I was at paducAh 3-4 years ago and the quilter version of superman was there at hancocks of paducAh in his quilted cape… You need one! You are amazing! Keep up the great work! God has been good to you. You inspire me!

2. Ann Genaske says:

Rest well. Well deserved. Your home is beautiful

Good Grief! 🙂

Yes, the Quilting Superman! That’s what should be posted outside of Quilt Taliesin, Mount Olymquiltus, Quilt Nirvana. In a tasteful manner, of course. We must think of an estate name for your manor. Quilton Abbey. Not bad.Quiltshead Revisited. Quiltingham Palace. Sorry, the Muse is a little demented tonight.

5. katechiconi says:

All that hard work has really paid off. The space is much more user friendly and I’d guess it has an impact on your colour selection too; that gray would have made the room pretty dark.

6. Kathy says:

Wow Tim, everything looks great. Teddy looks pleased. Showing your desk reassures us that you are like the rest of us.

7. Lindsay Pavel says:

This is so much fun!

8. Sandra B says:

Love all the changes! The new paint color is great…that ironing table is awesome (wish I had room for one!!)…and Teddy’s chair with a view is wonderful….now he can sit near you, no matter which machine you use, and he can look out the window too…and, when he gets tired of his inspector duties, he can just snuggle on that beautiful quilt!!

9. So it looks like the paint color turned out sort of beige? It looks really nice. Good job rearranging everything to make it comfy for you & Teddy!

10. bjmonitas says:

Great studio!!! I’d wished I had one on my own, too. BTW my desk looks similar…..so you never walk alone. I am reorganizing my desk also now……Cheers bjmonitas

11. Ginney Camden says:

The room looks a lot bigger now. And Teddy’s chair is in a great spot!

12. Stephie says:

What a lovely transformation! I like the view Teddy has from his window 🙂 I used to be a painter before I started quilting too…

13. Becky in VA says:

Thank you for taking us into your home – I’ve enjoyed all the before & afters since you bought the place. You have really made it come alive. One question: do you also live next door? If so, how do you live in both places?

14. averyclaire says:

Amazing studio….amazing garden….just a simply lovely new home. And you deserve it after all the work you did! You seem to be good at “everything.” Your quilting can’t be beat!

15. Lorij says:

I love the color warm and inviting. The pictures make it a personal space. And that’s what our sewing spaces are, our space. Once everything is in place you’ll be able to sew with peace of mind. There won’t be an, when I’m done with this I’ll get that straight. I like your get it done and not put it off erhic. It has really helped me to do the same. I don’t like things out of place or where I have to look for whatever when I need it. There is a place for everything and everything in its place. Teddy looks happy in his chair, give him a pat for me.😊

16. Lorij says:

Should say ethic not erhic.

17. Debra in Ma. says:

Love that color! perfect..the room looks so much bigger too..nice machines you have. Teddy looks very happy in his chair..sort of “Is this OK Dad?” look..precious. I Love your paintings, wow. You are such a talented Guy…and you paint!! Ha. Everything is just Beautiful..Enjoy your new space.
    Debra in Ma.

18. kim says:

Now you need to get some good lighting in there so you are not working in the shadow of that overhead light. Room looks very inviting, I have several machines set up at once too and it is very convenient.

The lighting is really good during the day….and at night is when I hand quilt in another room so I think the lighting is fine for now ….I do need to put a light next to the cutting table

Comments