A Room With A View

Teddy appreciates the view from his chair by the window.

Of course when he realizes I have the camera he gets distracted.

I had enough of the old antique blocks to make a set of valances for the studio window.   I decided to use roller shades here .They roll up easy and give me a better view of the garden than looking through sheers.

I spread out the stripy log cabin today to see how much hand quilting is done so Teddy had to pose.

Here are a few more pictures (click to enlarge)

47 thoughts on “A Room With A View

1. Ann Genaske says:

Ah! You’ve almost completed the quilting on this one. How do you keep track of what kind of batting you’ve used in each quilt? Or is your memory still good enough to recall those details? Job well done on yet another beautiful quilt

2. Sharon Eshlaman in Galesburg says:

Hi Tim and Teddy, It looks like you both have a great room to be creative and take in a beautiful view! Everything looks great😊. Pat on the back for Tim and ear scratch for Teddy…..from me.

3. Ann in PA says:

I love the quilting on strippy log cabins quilt – beautiful workmanship. Teddy is adorable, as usual, and he looks great in the light by the window. Everything is so nice and inviting.

4. Pam G. says:

Great photos! Teddy looks very happy with his window chair. He adds so much to your pics. You must be thrilled with your studio house.

The room and the quilt look great!
    Just think, if Teddy could take selfies, you’d probably have to buy another camera just for him!

6. Sandra B says:

I don’t remember this quilt….but I love it!! And the quilting is awesome! Looks like there isn’t a lot remaining….
    Teddy looks handsome, as always….glad to see him enjoying his chair with the view! Tell him I said hello!

7. Barbara Clarke says:

That quilting looks beautiful. Are you doing it freehand or did you mark it? I love the newly decorated room and the colorful tree outside the window caught my eye. Quite an accomplishment for the tree, since Teddy was in the picture!

I did the first few sections freehand…..now I am marking it with a wash away marker…..it makes it go faster and keeps my from loosing my place and plan when I keep starting and stopping

8. I love the vintage stripy log cabin! It looks so modern. Did you design the quilting pattern? It shows so well on this. What color thread did you use?

Yes it is my design ….I am sort of just drawing on the quilt as I go so there arent any 2 spaces the exact same. The thread is black…..the red fabric has a small black design on it so the black thread blends well….and the backing is a dark gray paisley

9. darlynn says:

yay!!! i am so glad you moved the chair~

10. audrey says:

One of my favorites of your quilts! Great looking window treatments too.:)

11. Pamela says:

Hand quilted? Oh My Goodness! I love it! The room is really coming together. I love the warmth it has. And Teddy is precious sitting in his lookout chair.

🙂 yes always hand quilted…..I don’t think I could do it by machine if I tried. Machine quilters amaze me…..being able to get all that quilt through such a small machine
      Teddy says thank you

12. Oh I just love this quilt, the quilting you’ve done is amazing!

13. Carla says:

Love the Welsch looking quilting. I may have to consider this idea for my trailing vines quilt. Love the colors in this vintage top!

14. I do love to see your photos Tim, especially large quilt stitching which drew me here in the first place. Thank you for sharing your interesting and imaginative projects.

15. Your quilting is stunning!!!!!

16. Linda in N.C. says:

Your painting and valences have added a lot of charm to your new space.

I love, love, love the quilting in the solid strips. Super! Your ideas are inspirational.

17. Your room is glowing! Beautiful make-over, Tim. I always work better in a ‘cozy’ environment. Yours is very welcoming. Your muse will feel relaxed! Thank you for sharing…

18. Lorij says:

Pretty quilt, the one on Teddy’s chair is nice too. He really looks handsome posing on the quilt. The red makers that quilt pop. It’s a good time to get the window painted before the weather changes. Isn’t it good to be able to do your own repairs?

Yes it is…..with a house that is 125 years old there is always something that needs attention and I know I could keep a repairman busy for a lifetime if I couldn’t do a lot of it myself

19. Lorij says:

Should say that red makes that quilt pop.

20. Molly says:

Love the log cabin quilt. The choice of the swirling leaves for quilting the red background creates such a dramatic contrast. I’m not usually a fan of log cabin quilts but I really love this one. You’ve managed to make it feel traditional and rustic yet fresh and modern at the same time.

21. Nerida Duncan says:

That quilt design is gorgeous. Teddy looks very happy to have his window seat to continue with his neighbourhood watch duties.

22. Suzanne says:

Lovely ” welsh like ” quilting. Love the sashing between the log cabins.
    Teddy is too cute to be real sometimes.

23. Violet says:

Lovely quilts…..and cute dog!

24. The log cabin quilt is fabulous! Did you piece it too, or is it vintage? I love everything about it!

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )