Holiday Blues

I have been busy organizing and cleaning and painting …..and tonight I needed to sew something!   I think that helps retain sanity.    And when I get an Idea I need to do it or my head might explode.    I am using a holiday print Jelly Roll of 40 2.5″ strips of blues and whites.

sewing 3 strips per set

Here is a start of the layout with the lighter sets.

I will post some progress in a day or 2.

Meanwhile Teddy is waiting for me at the quilt hoop.

20 thoughts on “Holiday Blues

1. Ginney Camden says:

I can’t wait to see this new one. I love the blues!

2. Pamela says:

Awww Teddy! Sweet boy! I anxiously await the progress on the new quilt. I love your work (quilt) ethic! I love the Holiday BLUES!

3. Sharon Eshlaman in Galesburg says:

Can’t wait to see more progress on your new project. Teddy sure does love you…..you can tell by the way he looks at you with the camera😊

4. marg says:

The fabric is awesome! Will it take just one jellyroll? Is this pattern available for purchase?

It is great fabric……got it from Keepsake Quilting. In my plan it will take one jelly roll and about a yard of a solid……I always have a plan in my head but work out the details as I make it….then if I like it I write it up….so it is my plan to do a pattern for it….

5. Catherine Keelan-Parsons says:

So lovely and fresh – would be so nice in my home overlooking the Bay – especially as we will no doubt be having a HOT Christmas! ;-))) I look forward to seeing how it comes together.

6. Ann says:

I think the fabric with the bluejays is fabulous! Wish I had a fabric store close by- they are all quite a hike from here. Will have to look online, but half the fun is wandering around the store and daydreaming!

I think Teddy hit the lottery with you too! We feel the same about our rescue dog. The saying “Who rescued who?” Is SO true. 🙂

7. Donna K says:

Ha ha Tim. I like and understand your terminology as that’s almost precisely what I say after time away from my sewing machine and having a busy household. I say, I’m going upstairs to sew something before I explode!

8. Karen M says:

Love those diamond blocks…can’t wait to see how that one ends up!!

9. Lorij says:

The design is nice. Teddy seems to approve too. He’s such a handsome love. A little scratch behind the ear for me.

Comments