Strip Star

A did some more piecing on the blue top.    I made the center with 2.5 inch precuts in blue winter prints.   It turns out the roll only had 20 strips…..and I made 6 strip sets of 3 (so I have 2 of the white leftover) 3 sets of mostly dark, and 3 of light.   each set will make one point of the star.

A yard and 1/2 of background fabric filled it in.

then Teddy checked it out.

next I started to sew it together in strips

It will also get a border…..and will finish at about 46×52  depending on the border ….I also have a package of Christmas prints in red and green and gold so I think I will make one with those too.

A few days ago I posted a few studio pictures after I hung some of my paintings……here are two over the cutting table

DSCN8429 DSCN8432

I will hopefully have the finished star top to show tomorrow 🙂

12 thoughts on “Strip Star

1. kemosabaycampground says:

The star is great. Wintery feeling.

2. Deb says:

Love the little fawn painting!! The star block is going to be a beauty!!

3. marg says:

All I can say is WOW! I thought your quilts were wonderful but now I see you paint as well. So lucky to have so much talent! I love the fawn.

4. Ann Genaske says:

Thank you for sharing a few of your paintings. Much appreciated

5. Rose in Vt says:

Beautiful top! Someone gave me a strip set awhile back and I haven’t dared cut into it yet. And your paintings are wonderful. Teddy looks like he’s getting his winter coat.

6. glendajean says:

Such lovely paintings Tim, so soft and you have capture these deer to perfection. I grew up around deer and saw these moments many time in real life. Thanks for sharing more of you talents. Glenda Australia.

Comments