A did some more piecing on the blue top. I made the center with 2.5 inch precuts in blue winter prints. It turns out the roll only had 20 strips…..and I made 6 strip sets of 3 (so I have 2 of the white leftover) 3 sets of mostly dark, and 3 of light. each set will make one point of the star.
A yard and 1/2 of background fabric filled it in.
then Teddy checked it out.
next I started to sew it together in strips
It will also get a border…..and will finish at about 46×52 depending on the border ….I also have a package of Christmas prints in red and green and gold so I think I will make one with those too.
A few days ago I posted a few studio pictures after I hung some of my paintings……here are two over the cutting table
I will hopefully have the finished star top to show tomorrow 🙂