Silver Bells in the City

Today was “Silver Bells in the City” in Lansing Michigan.    That is the day they have a light parade and fireworks and then light the Christmas Tree in front of the State Capital Building.

Here is a post I did in 2012 all about Christmas trees and the state capital tree.  https://timquilts.com/2012/11/27/michigan-capitol-christmas-tree/

Here is the tree arriving in front of the Capital

michigan-christmas-tree-2015

I am not one for crowds!   It usually looks like this.

sbitc-crowd-crop

I live only a few blocks away so I can see the tree some other time……but I have been excited to get my own tree put up and since the state tree is up I used that as a rationalization to do one at home.  ( a week earlier than I usually do it)

I have a bazillion Santa ornaments.    I collect them, most of them were gifts.   Here are a few.

I have room for a ten foot tree in my new bay window.    I should be able to fit them all on it.

I started with the big ones.

then the small

Then Teddy had to pose

We need a quilt on the wicker chair

better

I think it looks pretty good

As soon as I took the pictures I unplugged the lights…..after Thanksgiving it gets plugged in again.

Back to quilting

30 thoughts on “Silver Bells in the City

1. Cheri Dawn says:

Your tree is gorgeous! You’re getting me in the mood to go Christmas tree shopping. 😊

2. Sandra Henderson says:

So pretty and very fitting for the window and home. Thanks for helping me to rationalize the same here,,,, 😉

3. terryknott says:

Beautiful display of your Santas. Teddy adds so much to the photo!!!

4. Marcia Ahlbrand says:

It’s been so much fun watching your house progress! Again, I wish you were my neighbor … although I do have relatives in Lansing

5. Carin says:

Oh Tim, I love your tree !! Great to see all those santa’s, I love the one in the middle with his Scottish kilt. I think Teddy loves the tree too.
    I have mine full with cross stitch ornaments every year and it is getter fuller and fuller 🙂

Thanks…..I can relate to it getting fuller and fuller…more every year……I think I will need to get a bigger tree ……cant go taller so will need to get a wider one

6. Sharon Eshlaman in Galesburg says:

Beautiful tree, home and decorating…..awesome dog! Just curious…..do you do a lot of entertaining? It takes so much time to decorate, I hope someone is able to appreciate all that beauty and enjoy the atmosphere.

7. Lindsay Pavel says:

Everything goes together so well, not forgetting the tree skirt which I love.

8. Pamela says:

Its Christmas! We must get the trees and inside garlands up this weekend. We usually have our window wreaths and porch garlands up for Thanksgiving but the trees have to go up too. Your tree looks so beautiful with those window valances! And Teddy is so adorable! I love him! Merry Christmas!

9. Teddy is so regal, he fits right into this beautiful setting.
    BB

10. nellie1951 says:

your tree looks beautiful ,but my eyes were on your window valances ,beautiful and that handsome Teddy of yours so cute love the santa,s nice collections

11. Denice says:

Tim, is that a tablecloth you’ve quilted that Teddy is sitting on? I have MANY of those tablecloths (including that one) and wondered how they quilted. Some are denser fabric than others. Advise, please!

12. Barbara Rasch says:

You room looks beautiful. You are so talented in everything you do. Teddy adds to the picture. Happy Thanksgiving.

13. Pam G. says:

How beautiful! This really makes me homesick now. My grandmother used to live blocks from the capitol – it’s been many, many years ago, but I want to say on N. Pine. I love the quilt on the chair where Teddy is sitting (was it a printed fabric or tablecloth you quilted?).

14. debby says:

Teddy’s posing on each side of the tree made me LOL.

Comments