27 thoughts on “scale

1. Tina Williams says:

Picture blew me away! I was thinking this was a 15″ block. WOW. I will be very interested to see your comments about any opinions or struggles you have with managing such a large appliqué. And super anxious to see what your quilting design will add tto this work. This will be awesome.

it is a challenge handling all that fabric it takes longer to keep adjusting my grip on it all than it does to do the actual applique…….fighting will 90 inches of fabric …..I found that rolling it up to the edge helps

2. Sandra Henderson says:

Oooooooohhhhhh…I was thinking it was block size!
    That’s going to be beautiful

3. Val Edwards (Wales, UK) says:

Your backing fabric is so beautiful it would be a shame to cover too much of it, but perhaps a quadrant of the rose applique in-coming from each corner would give bajance… will you be adding an edge binding?? Ask Teddy, he has a knowing look!

4. Val Edwards (Wales, UK) says:

Sorry for the typo, that’s balance.

5. Sandra B says:

So now the amazing Teddy has yet another way he can help you!! So handsome sitting there!
    I, like the others, had no idea this block was so large…I thought it was bigger than an average sized block, but now that I see Teddy beside it, I get a true sense of the size….this is going to awesome!
    Thanks for sharing! Hello to Teddy!

6. Yveline Merle-Mullinix says:

Hope little Teddy will not be “applique” by mistake, near the rose…..have a good WE, Gigi says “bonne nuit” to Teddy

7. Angela says:

Who else but Teddy?
    Watching your progress over here.

8. Sharron K. Evans says:

It’s every bit as big as I thought it would be! Teddy is so helpful!

9. nellie1951 says:

hi Tim, Teddy save,s the day my hero ,go Teddy .

10. JoZart says:

Thanks to Teddy for clarifying that… I really thought it was going to be around 18 inches max.
    Jo

11. katlorien says:

Teddy you are adorable, I love your stylish neckwear. I made one for my dog but she is too hairy and it doesn’t show!

12. That helps a great deal. I was wondering how you cut such beautiful snowflakes too, with all the detail. Are they also larger like your rose, Tim?

13. Beautiful snowflake. Teddy does a great job giving us the idea of the size. I enjoy reading all of you posts!

14. Donna K says:

Hi Tim
    Hope you can get some good appliqué time in today. It’s coming along nicely.
    I just resent that email to you asking for permission to enter a wonky nine patch in a show. Just need an email ok from you (or not).
    Have a great day in the studio!

Comments