Gingersnap Recipe

I forgot to post the gingersnap recipe in my earlier post today 😦

Here it is

Soft Chewy Gingersanps
5 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons Baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 Tablespoons plus one teaspoon ground ginger
3 sticks (1 Β½ cups) butter
One pound (2 ΒΌ cups) packed dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
Β½ cup unsulphured molasses
The grated zest of 2 lemons (about 2 Tablespoons)
Β½ cup granulated sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Sift together flour, Baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger.
Cream together brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat until blended
Add molasses and zest and beat to blend.
Fold in half the dry ingredients by hand, then fold in the remaining half, scrape the sides of the bowl and mix on low speed until blended.
Measure rounded teaspoons full of dough and roll into balls with your hands. Roll the balls in the Β½ cup of granulated sugar then place them 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets. I put a full try of the cookies in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to chill a bit before placing them in the oven, this keeps them from spreading as much. Bake on the center rack (one tray at a time) for about 11 minutes. They should be just lightly golden at the edges and puffy in the center. Do not overbake or they become hard. Remove from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack. This is a big recipe and makes about 8 dozen cookies. They hold up well in an airtight container.

Happy Baking

TimDSCN8711

34 thoughts on “Gingersnap Recipe

1. Cathie King says:

THANK YOU!!!

2. Karen Gallagher says:

Thank you so much for your gingersnap recipe. I love gingersnaps. You have probably answered this question quite a few times, but here goes, what kind of terrier is Teddy.( I have a wheaten puppy and she is so much fun) Hope you have a lovely Holiday. Karen G.

3. Tazzie says:

These sound lovely, I’m going to try them. Thank you for sharing Tim!

4. Jaydee says:

Oh thank you Tim. I will make them for some of my Christmas cookies. You are so kind to share. Merry Christmas to you and Teddy. Jaydee

Sent from my iPad

5. Marilyn Schambach says:

Thank you!

6. Machelle says:

Thanks for the recipe!

7. Wendy R says:

Thank you Tim for sharing this recipe and how you set up your treadle machine. Hope you enjoy treadling as much as I do,

8. Leslie Beltz says:

You read my mind! I saw the picture of the cookies and wanted the recipe! Thank you for sharing with us. Love your blog!

9. nellie1951 says:

hi Tim and Teddy, thank you or cookie recipe will make some thanks again have a nice week bye for now

10. Thanks! I might try doing 1/2 the recipe–that’s a lot of cookies!

it is a lot! I make them small and make a lot so I have plenty to gift….you can do them larger and add a few minutes to the baking time …makes less but bigger ……

11. glendajean says:

Thanks for the recipe Tim I will make 1/2 a recipe up tomorrow as the grandees are asking for ginger biscuits and these sound quick and easy. Cheers Glenda

12. Karen Monteith says:

I am looking forward to trying these as well. Thanks for the recipe.

13. The Botos Family says:

Thanks–put me in the Christmas mood–Marilee

14. Ann says:

I made these for my garden club cookie swap yesterday- they were delicious. Plenty of cookies for the swap AND lots left for us to eat! Maybe too many….:-)! I still have some dough left to bake.
    Great recipe,, thanks!

Great! I always worry that when I write out a recipe I am going to make an error. glad they worked….they do freeze well to since it makes so many
      Hope you have a very Merry Christmas…..the forecast is for 50 degrees here…..maybe Main will be white?

15. haleyarden says:

Love this recipe! Just made it for my family and it has rave reviews. Thanks so much for sharing it with me!

Comments