Next Step

I finished the center of the rose applique quilt.

I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.

Now I will start to add more around the center.  The quilt will be about 85 or 90 inches square (the center is 42″ across) so I need to add some more around the center to fill the space.  Rose buds will go on next.  Here is the layout…the cut out rose is my paper template to show what it will look like.

The stems and leaves will be done with the hand quilting.

Teddy gave it a test sit.

I have another project set to go.   My nephew and his wife are expecting baby #2

I bought this great fabric today.

I am looking forward to getting started on it.    It should be fun.

The weather forecast is for ice.    It started up at about noon.   The snow was like little ball bearings bouncing and rolling when it hit the ground.

It is changing to freezing rain now and beginning to coat things,  the forecast says we should get 1/4 to 1/2 inch of ice.    With high winds and many old trees in the neighborhood This usually means a good chance of power outages.

I think it is a good day for being inside and doing some hand work.

Happy quilting

24 thoughts on “Next Step

1. Cathy says:

Where are you? Here in Chicago, I stuck my face up to the sky and the PAINFUL pellets of ice mustvhave given me a microdermabrasion treatment, because I now look 30 instead of 63. Nasty stuff. Love quilt.

2. Nancy says:

The quilt will be a real stunner! It’s a good day to stay in and sew.

3. Tina Williams says:

I love how the dyed fabric echoes the pattern of the appliqué. I’m sure that was no coincidence, just great design work. Anxious to see your quilting and Congratulations on the new family member!

Thanks…..I really worked on getting the applique to fit the fabric…..i was planning on a whole cloth but I decided to do applique because I just couldnt fit a whole cloth design I liked onto the design on the fabric…the applique can hide a bit of the design and make the parts that show be even more prevalent …It has been a fun challenge

If the quilt passed the Teddy sit, you know it’s a great one! And don’t worry about the power going out, you have your treadle machine!! I got mine, just have to figure it out a bit!

5. Sharon Ernst says:

LOVE your beautiful quilt!! And your darling dog!
    Omaha is in the grips of yet another snowstorm! No ice – but this is enough!
    Your panel is adoreable !

6. Suzette Shoulders says:

Tim, Your rose applique design reminds me of Mackintosh roses of the North of England ( they have them everywhere, on windows!) I love the modern design feel of the roses, and how your design is placed on the radiating design on the hand dyed fabric ! Suzette

7. Sandra B says:

The rose appliqué quilt is looking great!! Cannot wait to see it progress into a finished quilt top! Love seeing Teddy sitting on it!
    That baby quilt is going to be awesome…cannot wait to see you work your magic to turn it into a really special quilt!
    Hope that nasty weather moves on out soon! Stay warm and enjoy your handwork!
    And….Happy New Year to you and Teddy!!

8. Nerida Duncan says:

Tim this is just stunningingly beautiful in my book. I think that panel for the grandnephew/niece is just fabulous. We are melting under the oppressive heat here. Hugs to Teddy.

9. civilwarlady says:

I am following this design closely. I love how the next ring of design is flowing from the center medallion. Very nice, Tim, very nice. Happy new year from me and Abbey to you and Teddy.

10. I love your blog, Tim… always something wonderful to warm the heart…. Thank you, Kathleen

11. Lorij says:

The quilt is pretty. Teddy seems to like it. The fabric for your nephew’s quilt is so pretty.
    Hope you and Teddy have a wonderful 2016 good health, much joy, peace and prosperity.

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )