Last time I posted pictures of the fabric I bought for a baby quilt.
I started on it today. First I cut the squares apart. If you have ever used one of these kinds of printed squares it is frustrating that they are not all the same size! so I am sort of taking the average. The sasning pieces are Cut to the width of one block. I cut the sashing 2.5 inches wide and 7 3/4 inches long.
Next I cut a bunch of 1 1/2″ squares of blue fabric. A blue square goes on the corner
sew from corner to corner of the square
cut off the corners
do the other 2 corners
I am using a 2 1/2 ” square of blue for the cornerstones. and when they come together they look like this
I still have to make a bunch of the sashing pieces. Once they are sewn together the corners will look like stars…now they are a bit wonky looking but that is just because they are not sewn together.
This does produce a big pile of very small triangles.
I know that many people would save them and hope to use them in a future project. I don’t foresee ever making something with such small pieces so mine are going into the trash.
The weather was not nearly as bad as the forecast. The Ice they predicted never stuck to the trees and power lines so it was not bad. It was a mix of sleet, and snow and ice…and it did accumulate on the ground. It did require shoveling and it felt like shoveling a 5000 gallon slurpee….cold and frozen but wet and heavy….and sliding off of the shovel.
Snow flurries today….back to sewing for me