Alphabet Quilt

I am just back from the eye doctor and my eyes are dilated and it is a bit hard to see so forgive any typos. ( I get an exam every year to check for any damage related to diabetes … they didn’t find any problems)

I finished the hand quilting and binding on the Alphabet Quilt today.

I bought the fabric locally but you can find the fabric here http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/SHOP-BY-THEME/Timeless-Treasures-Novelty-Prints/Quilting-Treasures-Janet-Wecker-Frisch-Hungry-Animal-Alphabet-Fabric-Book-Panel

or do a google search for:  Quilting Treasures Janet Wecker Frisch Hungry Animal Alphabet Fabric- 35″ Alphabet Panel

It went pretty fast….maybe I should only make baby quilts….. I could do about 50 in a year  😉

Here are some pictures (click the pictures to enlarge)

Once My eyes clear up I’ll get back to work on one of the many other works in progress

20 thoughts on “Alphabet Quilt

1. Carin says:

Tim that is a realy lovely quilt and you quilted it so fast.
    You can see teddy loves the quilt too 😉

2. Lori East says:

Lucky baby! THAt is great fabric. I don’t have much baby stuff at all, might have to hunt for some since I will need a couple for new little people this summer (but why start now?).

3. glendajean says:

Morning Tim, so glad that your eyes are OK I think all quilters have a dread of some thing happening to their eyes and not been able to quilt for ever. Your baby quilt is wonderful and will be still loved through teen years and young adult hood. Looks like Teddy approves too. Cheers Glenda Australia.

4. Jan Marriott says:

Alphabet worked out pretty good.
    Once,when I had my eyes tested I got on the wrong bus to come home,Didn’t know where the hellI was!

5. Elizabeth Marsden says:

You have a fantastic ‘eye’ for matching colours together which is something I just do not have. Beautiful quilt.

Wonderful quilt!

7. Eileen Mele says:

Hate that dilation business! Gives me a ferocious headache. Good to do, tho. Hope your hands hold out! You’re like a quilting machine! It’s a beautiful hobby, tho. The results are so special. We are blessed to be able. The little grey cloud passed over, so much for the big storm. El Niño is a wishful dream, I think. Have a brown lawn I hate to look at, and it’s dry everywhere. Why am I telling you all this?? Your quilt is cute, you always do a superb job. Happy New Year, Tim.

8. Absolutely gorgeous, Tim. Actually, you could probably put out 500 baby quilts a year!

9. Matthew says:

Tim, I have a question. Did you wash and dry these fabrics before piecing them?m I always do that but sometimes find with these panels that some parts of the fabric shrink more than others so they end up no the same size. Just curious how you dealt with that.

I almost always prewash…..but this I didn’t…for the exact reason you stated. it can distort the fabric and those squares in the panel were already a bit off of square …..so I didn’t prewash any of the fabric in the quilt…….washed and dried the whole thing when I finished and it shrunk evenly .

Comments