2015 Quilts

When I am hand quilting I am also thinking.   Today I was thinking about what I will finish this year.    I went through my pictures from last year and I think these are most of the quilts I finished last year.    (click pictures to enlarge)

I am not sure yet what the new year plan is…..but I have lots of ideas…stay tuned 🙂

37 thoughts on “2015 Quilts

1. Lori East says:

I will be watching eagerly for your finishes, Tim. You always delight me with whatever you cook up. As you might know, I’ve committed to finishing 55 things. Yes, I am way too ambitious for my own good. Not all will be hand-quilted but the first one is and one that I am trying to get done today is too. That’s part of the reason to push through all of these things, so I can do some serious hand-quilting withou feeling guilty for not finishing other things. Does that even make sense?

Anyway, I’m looking forward to YOUR finishes!

2. Rose in Vt says:

Oh Tim you are an over achiever, and most inspiring for the rest of us!

3. Ellen Heath says:

I’m curious to know which of these you like the best. Hearing Mark Lipinski say that he had made hundreds of quilts over the years but that none of them touched his soul made me start to think about the quilts I make. Some feel very much as if I’ve reached my own personal sense of beauty in them and others are disappointments. If you feel like reflecting on this publicly, I would love to read that. On the other hand, these may be very private thoughts. In any case, these quilts are all impressive in their own ways, and I look forward to the quilts of 2016.

I like them all for different reasons….I have a few quilts that I started and put aside….I would say those are the ones that didn’t touch me. I learn something from each one. Hand quilting them all gives me many many hours to get close to them……but if I had to pick one the rose quilt is it now….it is the most freedom I have had in quilting

4. More than one per month – impressive! Keep up the great work in 2016.

5. Pam G. says:

Wow! I’m impressed. Not only did you finish all these quilts, but look at everything else you did – refinished a cabinet, moved into your ‘next door studio’, worked in your garden, and other things I don’t remember and didn’t know about. So enjoy your posts and have learned so much. Can’t wait to see what’s in store for 2016.

6. Carol says:

Beautiful work. And quite a variety of styles

I like so many styles it is hard for me to stick to just one….last year was a lot of new quilts…..I think Ill spend some more time this year on vintage tops

7. Donna Tyra says:

I have a list to start. A list to finish. I really enjoy your emails. Love looking at your stuff. I like when you say somethings not perfect. I try to make my stuff perfect and get so stressed out doing it. You have helped me to relax. I started to do ” big stitch quilting” and I enjoy it. Keep up the good work. Keep the emails coming. Donna Tyra

8. liz says:

Beautiful work thank you for sharing. I’ve enjoyed your blog over the years : )

9. lilquilter says:

Dear Tim,
    Happy New Year and congratulations on all your 2015 quilting accomplishments! Can I send you my UFOs to finish, pleez?? I think I only have around 50. ok, maybe a few more…
    😉

10. Dee says:

As always, Tim, your creativity and “follow-through” inspire me!

11. audrey says:

So many! Lovely to see them all once again.:)

12. sunmoongal says:

You sure accomplished a lot this year! On top of all these beautiful quilts, home decor and refinishing, etc. I admire your discipline and creativity!

13. Cheryl says:

Wow Tim you certainly accomplish a lot, I feel lazy!!!!!

14. Kelly Callaghan says:

Oh my gosh Tim, that is more than one a month. I suspect you must never sleep to have such a prolific output! Thank you so much for sharing all your wonderful work.
    Kelly

15. Angela says:

One more than the last two digits of the year. I will be watching the sequence.
    Happy New Quilting Year

hmmmm…..I guess I have a goal now 😉

• Angela says:

This year, you should make two more than the last two digits of the year, that will make a total of 18 quilts, which will fill six rows of three photos and the end of the year. After that, you might want to change the layout of your photos or things can get crazy. (Or you might want to just disregard my ideas, that would be easier.)

16. Joyce Wallace says:

BEAUTIFUL. I WOULD LIKE TO FOLLOW YOU

17. Susan says:

Stunning. Quilts are too. I love the photos.

18. Lindsay Pavel says:

Looking at your creations for 2015, if I combine and boil down my many reactions to one word, that word is “joy.” Your quilts express your joy, and your blog spreads, shares, and magnifies that joy. Thank you.

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )