More on the roses

I decided to take a break from the needle turn applique and do a bit of the next part of the rose quilt.    I am using #8 perle cotton thread to do the chain stitching

I was going to make a template to mark the design but I decided to do it by eye.   I am using a yellow Crayola washable marker so the yellow tint you see is that.   It will wash out.

Here are a bunch of pictures (click pictures to enlarge)

I have a few more additions planned after I finish this and then I can get to the hand quilting.

16 thoughts on “More on the roses

1. Karen Monteith says:

This is looking better every time I see it. I love the effect.

2. Tim, I have been watching this quilt emerge and it is just as lovely as can be. Loving the embroidery motifs, They add another dimension and texture. I too love adding embroidery to a quilt, it is like adding flowers to a wedding cake. Makes all the difference to the piece.
    Thanks for sharing your creative process, the design is really coming together.
    Cheers,
    Bobbie Ashley

3. Donna Tyra says:

Hey, Tim, do those markers work well. I heard about them. Thinking about getting me some. Will it come out with a damp towel.. thanks

4. Elizabeth Marsden says:

You must have a fantastic imagination to design your quilts. Does it just come to you or do you sit and make design/plan. Your work is so lovely.

I mostly just think it out in my head….always thinking while working on other projects…..I have tried to do the sit an plan thing…even bought the eq7 software but it just takes all the fun out of it for me

5. averyclaire says:

GORGEOUS. Love your creativity as the quilt progresses!

6. Lorij says:

It’s so pretty. Teddy looks like he likes it too. The Crayola markers work really well and they wash completely out. Really doesn’t seem to matter how long it stays on. I’ve marked tops and changed my mind remarked and, after quilting washed them and all of the marking washed out.
    You make beautiful things Tim. It’s a blessing to be so gifted. And, it’s so wonderful of you to share with all of us

7. Lorij says:

That’s good to know. I’ve never pressed it. But I’ve always wondered it would wash out. Thanks for your kind words to all of us.

8. Jing says:

I’m so excited to find out how are you going to hand quilt this. This is so beautiful/

Comments