Updates

I have made some progress on a few projects.

I have been having fun on the treadle machine

Here is what I have so far

Five more rows to do then it will also get a few borders.

Making some progress on the rose Applique

The remaining applique pieces are going on today ….here they are ready for stitching

It will be a while yet…..but I am really looking forward to hand quilting it!

Teddy got a new bone……..he can hardly contain himself

11 thoughts on “Updates

1. Sandra Henderson says:

Teddy is like us when we start a new project with new fabric! Lol
    Love the progress! Keep up the great work

2. I am truly enjoying the progress on your Rose applique. It’s magical to see how the design emerges.

After I eventually found a technique for needleturn applique that works for me, I am now a total junkie on needleturn! 🙂 It’s a fantastic project to take along with me, so I can be productive when I’m away from my sewing machine. It’s an enjoyable activity when you are waiting for something else (doctor’s appointments, Little League games, etc). It’s amazing just how much can be accomplished even when you only have, say, 15 minutes to stitch! Those little 15 minute segments add up! 🙂

I can hardly wait to see your finished applique! I admire your desire to hand quilt it. That will be another adventure all by itself. 🙂

I have to confess I really don’t enjoy doing the applique……but it is a means to an end….the hand quilting is the part I love….and sometimes applique is the way to go ….that said I am enjoying it more as I get better and faster at it

Oooh, I love the antiquey look of that pieced top, with the blue and the dark — well, I shouldn’t say antiquey, but it references a certain look. very nice. And the rose applique is shaping up to be tremendous.

Many of the fabrics are reproductions 1800’s fabrics and it is a very traditional pattern…..It felt right to do an antique look for the first project on the treadle machine…..old tech /old style

4. Angela says:

The music is very appropriate. Keep at it, Teddy! Oh, Tim, you are there, too. 🙂

5. Peg says:

I can’t wait to see how you quilt the rose applique, I can’t even imagine….

I change my mind about how I will do it almost every day……I am trying to decided on thread color now…….my first thought was white and I likely will come back to that again….but matching blue might make the rest stand out more

6. Cheri Dawn says:

Enjoyed your update; it’s always good to know what you are up to. I really like how your projects are coming along – both of them. And I’m intrigued by the idea of a treadle. I may have to take the plunge someday. But best of all was the video of Teddy. How fun to see him in action! He is absolutely precious.

I love the treadle so far (might just be the novelty of it but will see) Teddy didn’t know I was taking the video…..it worked out well so he didn’t pose like he does

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )