The New sewing machine came today.
It is a Singer 127 and It’s serial number is AA251096
That makes it’s birth date January 25, 1925. You can look up your singer machine based on serial number here http://ismacs.net/singer_sewing_machine_company/serial-numbers/singer-sewing-machine-serial-number-database.html
It was in pretty rough shape (so it was inexpensive) It had been unused for so long that it was frozen. It took a lot of work oiling it get it running smoothly but it is now running like new! The decals are in pretty good shape. The Sphinx pattern is pretty cool.
It will some day go into a treadle (it doesn’t fit in the Free cabinet) once I find a good deal on one. For the time being I put it into a basic sewing machine cabinet. It had an old dressmaker machine in it that I wasn’t super fond of (really rough running and clunky). I added a motor and foot pedal to the Machine and gave it a test run and it is pretty darn good.
Yesterday I wrote about free motion quilting on the free machine. I sort of solved the issues with it by making my own darning foot. I used a paperclip to make it.
That might be hard to see….here is a closer picture. The paperclip I used was one of those plastic coated striped kind)
I will post more about that after I spend some more time testing it.
I finished all the blocks for the snowball quilt.
Now to sew them all together.
Teddy says Hello