Finished

I finished the Treadle machine quilt.  Finished size 78″ x  84″

I did all of it on the treadle…..piecing, quilting and binding.  Teddy thinks it is for him.

Here are some pictures (click pictures to enlarge)

Back to hand work for now

Happy quilting

28 thoughts on “Finished

1. Sandra Henderson says:

I think it’s beautiful! If this is your first, I can only imagine what is to come! As a hand quilter, isn’t it nice to have s little bit more instant gratification every now and then between big projects ?!?

Are you going to sell any of your quilts ? I am not in Facebook or any of that, so I am clueless if you do or not. I did see the Teddy quilt (s) for charity.

You are truly amazing and a great teacher.

One reason I wanted to learn machine quilting is that I think it would be better if I want to sell a quilt…..hand quilting just takes so long that people don’t want to pay the thousands dollars for a quilt that would be required.

2. huggybears says:

Incredible you really finished this beauty on a treadle maschine-awesome . But what about the binding ? One side at least by hand ??? Curious 😀 Hugs from Marga

3. Deb says:

It looks so good! I have been dragging my feet on the machine quilting thing, but my hands some days don’t want to work as good as they should. I love to do a quilt from start to finish ,so if I don’t want to send my tops to be quilt ,I just might want to learn to machine quilt….

one reason I wanted to learn is that I have over 300 tops……(mostly vintage ) and I just dont see any other way to get them done (many I will hand quilt but the newer ones might be machine done)

Very nice! Congrats! Loved your video, too! You better share it with Teddy!

5. Tina says:

Before the quilt stitching, I thought to myself “this is a nice quilt top”. After the stitching, I thought to myself, “OH MY GOSH THIS IS A FABULOUS QUILT!!!” Super work Tim !

6. Sandra B says:

Love this quilt!! The colors are awesome! Thanks for sharing….
    Makes me want to get my treadle machine going…I have been saying for years (actually, probably decades!) that I want to get it in running order and at least make a quilt top on it….your project has made me think that maybe this will be the year to do that!! Thanks for the inspiration!!
    Hello to Teddy!

7. Marla says:

You are an inspiration! I have pieced quilts on a treadle and quilted some small pieces using a generic walking foot, but I’ve never been brave enough to try free motion quilting on my treadles.

8. adaisygarden says:

Congratulations on accomplishing such a goal!! I bet it was fun as well as challenging. It looks beautiful! Lots of color and I can understand why Teddy wants it for himself 🙂

9. Lorij says:

It’s beautiful. I think Teddy has claimed this one for himself.

10. Your learning curve is amazing!

11. Rose in Vt says:

Tim the texture on that now finished quilt is beautiful! I’m so glad you’ve joined the ranks of us machine quilters. You hit the nail on the head, that finished quilt has to be more satisfying than adding another unquilted top to your ufo collection. And I do appreciate my hand quilted quilts just as much as I always have, and I’m sure you do too. There’s room for both!

12. It’s been a pleasure watching your adventure using the treadle machine for both piecing and quilting. You are so inspiring, but Teddy steals the show every time 😉

13. Louise C says:

Congratulations! It is a beauty and should bring you more and more compliments! Thanks for sharing this project with us. Louise

14. civilwarlady says:

You have inspired me, Tim. I have a wonderful old White treadle (Rotary) from the early 1900’s. What a great idea to use it for quilting! It even has a “quilting attachment.”

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )