I finished the practice Teddy quilt. It was mostly made to test out a few ideas for a future quilt. I wanted to see how detailed to make the sketch and I wanted to test out my idea for painting the fabric. The paint job was just a quick one, the real version will be much more detailed but I did it on this to see how it would hold up to washing. It worked out great. No fading in the wash at all and the fabric stayed soft. When I get ready to do the real quilt I will post all about how I do the painting. (which will be much easier to do before I quilt it!)
Teddy likes it.
I have been working on the hand quilting of this quilt.
I am doing the quilting for a friend. She made the top, and layered the quilt. It is very thick flannel front and back and wool batting (which is almost like a wool blanket rather than the wool batting I use) This is by far the hardest quilting I have ever done. I have quilted denim, corduroy, polyester….nothing even comes close to being this difficult. My hands ache and that never happens. That being said I am determined to finish it and it is looking good.
I have been asked how to mark the quilt for Baptist fans….I’ll do a demo of that in the next post.