More snow!

Another blizzard today…..looks like about 10 inches of snow today.  Colder and lots of drifting.   Most of the last snow had melted and I was hopeful it would be over…..it wasn’t

I hope it is done soon.

I spent some time working on the Singer 201 I bought for 29 dollars a few weeks ago.     It is running great now……I had to do a lot of oiling and cleaning but the machine is so well made that it really is nearly indestructible.

I did a bit more free motion quilting on the treadle.

DSCN9152 (2) DSCN9151 (2)

It is hard to see in the pictures but the dark blue on either side of the yellow in the center is quilted.

There is a lot to go yet…….but I am working on hand quilting tonight…..it just feels better to hand quilt when it is snowing

12 thoughts on “More snow!

1. Sandra Henderson says:

If you can do that kind of quilting with a treadle, I can’t imagine what you could do with a professional long arm! I’ve never used one, but my friends have them. This is amazing!

I wish we would have received more snow this winter here in smokies, but did not. I know your birds have enjoyed the feeders.

2. Sue says:

Love seeing snow pictures. We didn’t get any this winter (Salem, Oregon). Although not that I’m retired and don’t have to worry about driving to work in snow, I wouldn’t have minded. A hard freeze might have killed most of the ants and fleas I’m now dealing with. Yes, my indoor only kitties have fleas! My son in temporarily here with is 2 cats (I have 2) and we are working on the problem.

You have a lovely view from your machine – I’ll bet you think it’s even lovelier looking down at flowers rather than snow!

Love the 201 – that’s what I have, inherited from my Mom, who got it in 1941 when she was 17 (Christmas gift). I learned to sew on it. I can’t use it right now as it needs an overhaul (electrical needs to be replaced) but look forward to it.

3. Glenda says:

Whole it you don’t have todo any shovelling this time Tim so you won’t end up with another sore back. Do love seeing you rescue those lovely old singers, I do the same LOL. But only use my 222K singer which I love. Hugs to Teddy. Cheers Glenda

I have shoveled a space for Teddy 3 times so far today….will shovel the whole thing tomorrow when it stops…..sidewalks and driveway need to be clear

4. Lynne Sanderson says:

Tim this is beautiful. And what you’ve done to that old Singer is nothing short of amazing. Do you drop the feed dogs in that machine?

The feed dogs can drop on this one…..I have tested it out some and it seems to work pretty well….Ill have to make up a small sandwiched sample to test out how it does on a quilt. Looks like it is going to be really good….the motor is great and the speed is easy to control

5. chris hudson says:

Who knew? That you would be loving doing free motion quilting on a treadle machine? Your recent work is stunning! Must try that design!

6. Lorij says:

Beautiful quilting. Pretty snow.
    Does Teddy like snow better than rain?
    Enjoy treadling.😄

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )