I got the finish coat of shellac on the cabinet and put new pulls on the drawers.
There are 4 vintage machines in the base …. they have motors but I will be able to use them on the treadle. The drawers are for extra belts, tools, etc.
I have been doing the hand embroidery for this top.
This is an old picture so I am further along than this…..it is getting close to being done. I am thinking now about what backing fabric to use and what hand quilting design will be best to go with the fabric and the design…it is not going to be a simple pattern 😉
It is raining today…all the snow is gone…..Teddy keeps looking at me and asking me to make it stop.
He decided not to have an after dinner walk…..will see how long he can hold out
I decided to try out the new treadle base on one of my old , but not too great, quilt tops. This spool top is from the 70’s/80’s The tan fabric is a poly blend and pretty thick. The piecing is really poorly done…..and it really isn’t flat …It was not worth taking apart and remaking but it still will be a cute quilt to hang in the studio.
I tried quilting on the singer in the new cabinet…..It needs some adjusting….it keeps skipping stitches…..So I switched back to the Free Treadle
Then I put the Montgomery Ward machine in the new cabinet and did some on that, then an old Dressmaker, then a Singer 66, and then back to the Free. They all work fine…..but I have the Free adjusted just right for tension and for the free motion foot …..I need to work on the other machines more to get them set just right for free motion.
I have almost 1/2 of it finished.
I am planning the next “real” quilt. I am going to quilt this top.
I have the fabric for the backing (purple) and 4 different colors of thread ( purple, green, orange, rust) I have to decide on the pattern and do a bunch of marking and buy batting…..probable wool for this one.
I got the Teddy quilt started. I have the drawing done
60″ wide about 48″ long……next step is to paint it….then I might add a border….then I can quilt it.