New Fabric … Peppered Cottons

I went to the Local Quilt Shop today with the intention of buying one package of batting.    I came out with more than I planned.    I am looking at all of this as a gift from AQS ( The check came a few days ago for my Quilt award)

SO I did get the batting (I actually got 2 of these)

and another

and a backing fabric

and a yard and a half of 5 different fabrics

I am now planning the quilt I will make from these beauties!   The Line is Peppered Cottons by Pepper Corey for Studio E Fabrics.   The pictures don’t do them justice.   The Warp (lengthwise threads) and the weft (side to side threads) are different colors, the resulting shades are muted and variable combinations of the original colors….they almost shimmer and it is hard to capture in a photo.

I’ll post some pictures of what I make with the fabric soon.

I finished quilting the green star.

Just out of the dryer it is a bit wrinkly……but Ill steam it and that will go away

Here is the back

and the Teddy test

He approved.

Happy Quilting!

22 thoughts on “New Fabric … Peppered Cottons

1. katlorien says:

I think you might make Teddy a kerchief to match every new quilt you make 😀

2. quiltville says:

Wow! The quilt turned out so gorgeous! I love hugging quilts warm out of the dryer, that is the best reward! Looking forward to see what you do with the peppered Cottons.

3. katechiconi says:

Gorgeous fabrics. I must keep a lookout for those – thank you for the heads-up!

I might have to go back for a few more…..there are more colors and even some checks

• scott fortunoff says:

Hey Tim,
        This is Scott Fortunoff, President of Studioe. Great to see you using the peppered cottons. Yes, there are 50 colors as of now with 12 new colors being shown in May and shipping in September. Also, we decided to go with a 108″ peppered cotton. That will also be shown in May and ship in November. We are very excited about this. Thanks for sharing your work.
        Regards,
        Scott

Thanks for the update….and I am excited about the 108″ option! It has been great fabric to work with

4. Sharon in Galesburg says:

Nice, can’t wait to see your next quilt! I assume you ran your purchases by Teddy??

5. Cheri says:

I bought some fabric today that I wasn’t planning on either. Must be spring fever! Love the quilting on your finished quilt-beautiful. What color thread did you use? Clearly, Teddy likes it too.

6. Granny June says:

I also approve ! Granny June

7. knitnkwilt says:

Two places I never come out with just what I went in for: grocery store and fabric stores. LOL

8. Lindsay says:

Once again I am amazed at the way quilting doubles the appeal of a top. In fact, the right quilting creates an entirely different beast, one that comes alive. Thank you for sharing your skills. I’m looking forward to seeing what you do with the rich peppered cottons.

9. Rose in Vt says:

My first AQS award was last fall, and I’ve told myself that should inspire me to enter more shows this year. It’s hard to keep track of all the deadlines though! I think you’re spending yours wisely. 🙂

10. audrey says:

Love the peppered cottons! They are wonderful to work with. Your quilting on the Green Star is a perfect compliment as usual!

Comments