Peppered Cotttons and Stripes

I got started on the Peppered Cotton and Stripes quilt.   Fabrics purchased yesterday

All the pieces are cut and arranged.

It will have a border with the stripe I didn’t use.

I am using my favorite machine for piecing…the Singer 301

I am piecing it in rows….I have 2 done

Teddy says HI

38 thoughts on “Peppered Cotttons and Stripes

Nice! I love those shimmering fabrics!

2. Cheri says:

Wow, that’s going together fast! The leftover stripe is going to make a great border. The 301 is my very favorite for piecing too. Someday I want a 2-toned one like yours. 😊

3. Those fabrics are beautiful and the way you have them cut & pieced they almost look pleated. Looking forward to seeing the top with the border.

4. Maureen Jackson says:

My God ! Do you ever sleep? You are so fast!
    These are such beautiful rich colors.

5. Kelly Callaghan says:

Hi Tim,
    You are amazing! you have done that beautiful quilt so quickly. I guess you don’t sleep!!!
    Take care and thanks for sharing.

6. Sandy says:

I love stripes too. Helps you sew straight too!

7. Ranchwife in Nebraska says:

This might be a dumb question, but I’m going to ask regardless: I’ve not worked much with stripes and 60 degree triangles. I like how they match in the middle and at the seams. Did you have to fussy cut your stripes?

I didnt. I did cut several layers of fabric at once so many of the triangles matched perfectly…..but not all….so they wont all line up perfectly…..if the stripes were wider I would have really had to try to get them all to line up perfectly ….but with as narrow as these are it doesn’t show much if they are a bit off

• Madhura Nene says:

Hi Tim,

The lines have aligned with so much of precision! This is really beautiful. Can you please demonstrate the cutting process in detail, in your usual way of taking series of photos :). You are truly my motivation.

Thanks and best regards
        Madhura

Ill have to see if I have enough fabric left to do that……but I will see what I can do

8. Bernadine Villanueva says:

ooooh and aahhhh I love it and Teddy looks very pleased – you did another quilt in this block yes? The vintage singer is a beauty

9. Donna Tyra says:

Love the colors, love the design!!!! Yeah, I want to know also, do you ever sleep???

10. You bought this fabric yesterday? And you are already that far along?!! Wow! Great job! It looks awesome!!!

Thanks….this was simple to cut out once I had it figured out in my head….the stripes make it look more involved but it is just cutting 6.5 inch strips and then cutting them into 60 degree triangles

11. Sandra Henderson says:

I’ve not seen this fabric, this is very pretty!
    On a hand quilting note; my back is killing me and I wanted to know if you have any pointers. It’s in the mid to upper mid between shoulder blades or slightly below, from bending over I think. I was in car accident couple weeks ago and it’s worse than normal, may have to go to chiropractor. So, this is a “ask dr. Latimer” question. Ha.
    It’s just that I know you spend a lot of time hand quilting and wondered if you had a secret.Thanks

for a long time I also had back problems from hand quilting…..I had to make myself sit up straight…I started sitting in a straight back chair ( a dining room chair) I did that for a long time now I sit in a more comfy chair ( a wing back ) but I learned to sit up and not hunch over from all that time on the hard chair

12. Martha Caterino says:

What a concept…using your fabric soon after purchase!!

13. Granny June says:

Good job! Granny June

14. nellie1951 says:

my goodness Tim, your so fast in cutting and putting blocks togetther.well done Tim hi Teddy

15. Nerida Duncan says:

Pats for Teddy. The quilt looks great.

16. Jill says:

Awesome design with the stripes and the restful blue solid fabric. Recently, started using a Singer 301 (same color way as yours) for piecing and actually prefer it over the 221 Featherweight. Smooth, even, and fast stitches. Personally, I like the slanted shank which makes it easier to see the stitches being feed.

17. Marla says:

Great use of those stripes!

Comments