Finished the Peppered Cotton Top

I finished the quilt top today.  ( I’ll try to post about how I cut the pieces in the next few days)

It finished at about 75 x 85 if I did my math right….I’ll measure it before I layer it for quilting

The lighting today shows how the fabric looks different at different angles …the triangles are all rotated so the straight of grain ends up on the outside edge of the hexagon.  With the rotation the weave is in different orientations and makes for the variation in colors .

A few days before Easter I entered a drawing on Facebook.    The random drawing was a few days ago and I won!    A case of  Dream Green Batting.  Fed Ex delivered it yesterday.    Thank you Quilters Dream!

One of these will go in the top I just finished.

Teddy had guard his bone so I wouldn’t put batting on top.

I have to decide on the quilting and backing …..More to come

16 thoughts on “Finished the Peppered Cotton Top

1. Congrats on your win! Beautiful quilt!!!!

2. Helenanne Judisch says:

That case of batting couldn’t go to a better home. Look forward to seeing how you put it to use.

3. Wow!! Great win! You will use this up in no time! Love your new top!

4. susie Q says:

A case…. they have your ticket!!! A case…. would last most of us a year…. interesting fabric you used in this quilt.

5. Pat Meinecke says:

Good golly, you are fast! Beautiful job with the Peppered cottons! Love that fabric!

6. Rose in Vt says:

I think you’re going to go blind quilting that one, either by hand or machine! It looks wonderful, and so does all that batting.

7. Meg Hannah says:

Great use of stripes. And Teddy is SO CUTE!

8. Cheei says:

You deserve to win that batting – good for you! I really like your peppered stripes. It’s amazing how the values change with the lighting. I like how the stripes match up. Great job!

Comments

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )