Time for some hand quilting

I finished the top made with the Peppered Cottons leftovers and have it pin basted for quilting.

I am hand quilting it.

Teddy check it out first.

I spent some time yesterday tuning up a Singer 27 Sewing machine …it will need a new check spring but other than that it Is a great machine

Here are a few more pictures of the quilt

12 thoughts on “Time for some hand quilting

1. katechiconi says:

I think I actually like this scrappy one better than the original, if that’s not too sacrilegious! It’s disciplined but playful at the same time, and would make a great man’s quilt despite the pink!

2. Karen Pedigo says:

Tim, I see you do a lot of quilting in circles. Do you use a template or how do you keep the circles the same distance apart all the way around? I am planning to quilt these on my next project.

3. Love the leftovers quilt!! Teddy shows up very well on it too!

4. Kimberly Brandt says:

Oh what a fun quilt, what color thread are you using? And would you share what weight thread you like to use? Enjoy! This looks like another ribbon winner :0) Happy Sewing

5. Pam G. says:

Love, love, love the ‘leftovers quilt’! What a great idea. Beautiful colors. Looks like Teddy approves.

6. Moz says:

Love the hand quilting. I’m just now doing a quilt where I’m quilting across seams. It’s hard to get an even stitch across the seam allowance. Do you have any tips?

I take one stitch at a time at the seams rather than trying to stack several stitches and when I do a quilt like this I make all the stitches larger so that the stitches over the seams dont come out looking different

Comments

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )