Another Finish

I finished the quilt with the circle quilting.      The finished size is 43″ x 68″

Teddy approves……He thinks I made it for him because it is small.

Here are some pictures (click pictures to enlarge)

I think this one will be hung in the studio…..I love the colors and the movement the quilting creates.

30 thoughts on “Another Finish

1. Ann Genaske says:

“.I love the colors and the movement the quilting creates.” Me too! Well done!

2. Dorothy says:

Beautiful quilt for a handsome dog. Teddy looks like he just came from the “beauty shop”

yes he did…..he is always ready for pictures when he is freshly groomed…..he didn’t want to get off the quilt because he wanted to be in every picture

3. Donna Tyra says:

Question for you, when I “big stitch” if I can’t find the color of perle cotton thread I want, I use embroidery thread. I use 2 strands, my aunt using 3. Which would you use? Thanks

I would never use embroidery thread. It is not strong enough for me the strands are not twisted together like regular thread and it twists and knots and breaks

4. Cathie King says:

I love this one Tim, it is stunning. It will look lovely on your wall.

5. Granny June says:

I love it too ! Granny June

6. katechiconi says:

The original one was elegant and formal and beautifully precise, but I much prefer this one, it’s more spontaneous and vivid. The quilting is an essential part of what makes it work.

7. Meg Hannah says:

I really like this one. The simple circles are perfect. But how do you find the time to do that much hand quilting?! I’m in awe.

8. Beautiful! The quilting really sets it off.

9. Cheri says:

And I love the improvisation too. What a fun and freeful quilt!

10. Lindsay says:

I think I like leftovers quilts the best. Beautiful quilt and Teddy!

11. Pam G. says:

Ditto on spontaneous! I love this quilt. Teddy is so handsome with his spring makeover. Springtime should be coming to Michigan soon and I can’t wait for garden photos. As always – you are such an inspiration and your tips are wonderful. Now that I’m wrapping up my 2 year term with AQG, I’m looking forward to getting to all those unfinished projects.

12. Can I have it??? Buy it? It is stunning!

13. Iris says:

Great tip! I will use the quilt hoop as a guide to create concentric circles on my next quilt. Thanks.

Comments