Spring! at last

Spring started for me today.   The weather was nice and I started spring clean up.   4 bags full so far

The city picks up the yard waste once a week and it goes to be composted….I do some composting but don’t have room for all of the leaves that blow into the yard and all the plants that I cut back in the spring.

I bought a few shrubs for the new garden…..plan to get a few more tomorrow and I’ll post some pictures of that soon.

Today I took a few pictures of what is growing now (click pictures to enlarge)

Teddy spent the day running back and forth in the yard so he wouldn’t miss anything but he wanted to be sure to get his picture taken while I had the camera out

Then he almost immediately decided it was nap time

all that fresh air and running did him (and me) in

Happy Spring!

21 thoughts on “Spring! at last

1. Kate says:

Oh my, and my daffs, lilac and wisteria are a dim memory. We’ve already had days in the nineties.

2. Jenny M says:

Always good to have a day working in the garden. Here in Melbourne, we are having a very warm Autumn day, 27c! My plans this weekend, are to clean out the summer veggie patch, goodbye to the last of the tomatoes 😦 And go to the Australasian Quilt Convention, a big show held in the Royal Exhibition Building in the city of Melbourne.

3. It’s so nice to a have a place to grow what you love. And, a friend who enjoys helping. 😄

4. Pam G. says:

Your yard is coming to life! Teddy sure looks worn out in the second photo. I bet you both slept good last night and you’ll feel some different muscles today.

5. Kris says:

Oh to be your neighbor to enjoy seeing your gardens! And Teddy romping 😉

6. Sandra B says:

I love this time of year when gardens begin to “wake up” from their winter naps! Looking forward to seeing your gardens as they come to life!!
    Hello to Teddy!

7. Rose in Vt says:

Spring is wonderful!

8. Kathleen Schumacher says:

Beautiful album of your garden, Tim….

Comments