I got a bit of piecing done on the new sewing machine……starting with strip sets
and then adding some striped fabric
It makes a big block….16″….but I think the quilt will be pretty cool.
I got a fun vintage quilt top in the mail from a friend
It is going to be really great once I take it apart to individual blocks and put it back together…mistakes in the placement of the blocks are easy to make
I often leave mistakes as they are but this one will be an easy fix and I’ll post more about that when I do it .
Teddy tested it ….but he knew something was a bit off.
As you may have noticed I have been accumulating a lot of sewing machines. I have been thinking about dong some built-in shelving to display them. I started to add up the time it would take me to build them and more importantly the cost to do it like I want and I decided that I could live with something temporary for a while. So I bought a few shelves.
This one has 10 machines on it and there are 4 machines in treadle bases and 4 in desks and 2 more in cases …so the total is 20.. I have another shelf to put together when the collection grows more.
I’ll post some more about the new top as soon as I get a few more blocks finished so I can show the secondary pattern.
Teddy says HI