Yesterday I posted a picture of this vintage top. Whoever made it did a nice job making the individual blocks but not putting the blocks together into a top.
I spent some time taking it apart and fixing the layout today.
I still need to sew the blocks back together but it sure looks better now that the blocks are in the right order.
Here is a side by side to show the difference
I think I’ll look for a coordinating fabric to add a border. It is a bit small now.
I also made a few more blocks
but I got distracted playing with the vintage Viking sewing machine. I have had it for awhile but didn’t have any bobbins but they came in the mail so I had to try it out . It needed a cleaning and oiling
It is running great now .
I posted pictures of some of my machines yesterday……here are 2 more
Singer 301A and 600
I also have my first machine, a Kenmore that I bought new about 25 years ago to make a slipcover (way before I was a quilter) and a 99 dollar brother machine that I bought to replace the Kenmore when I started quilting. The brother drives me crazy and that was the reason I bought the Singer 301 and started collecting.
A few things blooming today
Teddy says HI