Red Eye

Today I worked on a Singer 66 “Red Eye”

Based on the serial number mine was made in 1920.    It was not in bad shape.

It needed a good oiling and cleaning.   I put it in the treadle and it looks great.

It sews beautifully!    My new favorite machine!

I am going to do some free motion quilting on it tomorrow.  I did a small test today and it works great.

I spent yesterday in the garden …. 4 more yards of mulch went down.
Here are some garden pictures

I met someone who lives in the garden

I think he is sick of me messing up his space …..does this look like a happy face?

I got a bit more done on the rose quilt

Teddy did his part

18 thoughts on “Red Eye

1. Pam G says:

The machine is beautiful – now I want to take a day trip & see if that machine is still in the antique shop. And Oh My! The garden is even more beautiful. I love the bleeding hearts & blue bells. Definitely miss Michigan in the spring time. Has Teddy discovered your new friend in the garden? Do you ever just sit?! I don’t either but I don’t get as much done as you do.

He hasn’t seen the toad yet, but he is very good about staying out of the flower beds so I think mr toad is safe…..I have a bench in the garden and I plan to sit there in the summer to quilt

2. Cheri says:

What a gorgeous garden! When I grow up, I want to be a gardener. So far, I can’t tear myself away from the sewing machine. Love Mr. Toad. He really does look a bit cranky. And Teddy looks like he thinks maybe he shouldn’t be sitting there. ha ha!

Oh Tim, you must admit you are a bit of a swain with the sewing machines, always treadling away with a new one, loving and leaving, on to the next. I bet those machines abandoned in your wake are just simmering. Oh the drama!

4. Nerida Duncan says:

I love watching the progress on the quilt of course but your garden photography takes my breath away. Its just beautiful. Love that magnolia. Hugs to Teddy.

5. Mrs. Plum says:

Your garden is lovely, Tim. When I lived in Minnesota, there was a frog who lived amongst the lupines in my perennial bed. He always did a good job of startling me, perhaps his revenge for me invading HIS space.

6. Everything is beautiful including Teddy!

7. Barbara Rasch says:

Everything in your garden is beautiful. Really like this machine. Say hi to Teddy. He may have anew friend in the garden to keep him busy while your working.c

8. Jeanette says:

I don’t have hardly anything in bloom when I compare to your garden…BooHoo….

9. Your garden is so pretty. Are the little purple flowers phlox? And, what are the yellow ones called. All are pretty but those two patches of color caught my eye. 😊
    Teddy looks like he’s saying get on with it will you!
    The machine is lovely. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to get a treadle before the year is out. I’ve wanted one for a long time. Every time I see one of yours it renews my intention. Just a little while longer. Give Teddy a snuggle for me 😊.

Comments