Garden and Chair

Not a lot of Quilting the last few days.  The weather has been great and the garden has been calling my name…..here are some pictures (click pictures to enlarge)

I went to a flea market this morning and found a chair for ten dollars .

It is the perfect size for  use at the sewing machine but not so great with that red paint.

The thought of stripping the paint didn’t excite me so I decided to paint it.    First yellow paint.

Next stain

The dark Gel Stain over the yellow paint makes a wood look

I need to give it a touch up in a few spots then it will get a few coats of amber shellac.

24 thoughts on “Garden and Chair

1. Helenanne Judisch says:

Love that chair. You have some awesome flea market finding skills.

2. Susie Q says:

your projects just march along….. if I found a chair at flea market this morning…. it would still be red on the fourth of July.

3. Your garden is so lovely and the chair is great! Hope it is comfortable! But for $10, who cares. Like what you did to it!

4. Diane says:

Wow. That’s a great trick. I’ve never seen that before. Beautiful.

5. Betty Harden says:

Love your plants. The chair is neat, I would have probably left it red. With a quilted cushion, it will be perfect. What no pictures of Teddy! How could you not include that little character.

6. kemosabaycampground says:

Your furniture makeovers are amazing as is your garden.

Amazing chair trick!

8. Cathie Lanier says:

Nice chair and nice bargain, Tim!

9. Pam G says:

The garden is awesome! My favorite in this group of garden photos is the bleeding hearts. The variety of colors is incredible. Nice find on the chair.

10. Rose in Vt says:

It’ll be so nice to have a roll around chair to go between all the machines!
    The garden is looking wonderful as well.

11. I love working with wood stains too! It’s my go to art medium!

12. Sue Kaufman says:

Great decorating hack!! I wouldnt have thought stain would stick well over paint, but I never tried to find out! It looks amazing!

Comments