I have been working on the rose quilt. Here are a few pictures (click pictures to enlarge)
Teddy is helping hold it down
I am getting close to the end on the Hex tripe with Peppered cotton fabric.
This turned into a bigger project than I had planned….but it is looking pretty good.
I bought a White rotary sewing machine from eBay. It came in a bent wood carrying case which was broken in shipping.
It also had a motor which was held together with electrical tape. I took off the motor (I’ll work on repairing that later) and put the machine on one of my treadle bases.
white machine had the top clamping presser foot and there is no free motion presser foot that will fit. I took out the presser bar and changed it with a singer presser bar so I could use a free motion foot on it.
Here is a picture of the presser bar I took out and on the right is a side clamping Singer foot so you can see the difference.
The new presser bar makes the feet fit but not all of them will work. The distance between needle bar and presser bar is greater in a white than a singer so I had to try a few different feet to find one that would work.
This was the one that did the trick
and here is a bit of testing
It works great!
Back to hand quilting for now