Quilt finished, Video, garden

I finished the treadle quilting on my feather quilt.

Here are some pictures (click picture to enlarge)

I did a video of how I did the quilting (bad audio but you can see me working on it)

And the weather was great today so I got some more garden pictures

Happy quilting

25 thoughts on “Quilt finished, Video, garden

1. Deb says:

Love a blog that has a lovely quilt and flowers together!!

2. Loved seeing the video and the quilted feathers.

3. katechiconi says:

Very interesting video. I’ve never really got my head around FMQ; my sewing machine is pretty basic, and all the tutorials you see have stitch regulators and very wide throats on the machines, and so on. Seeing it done in a very straightforward way on such a simple machine encourages me to think I might just give it a go after all. And thanks for the tip about not trying to go too fast, and co-ordinating the speed of your hand and your machine.

great….give it a try….it doesnt have to be as difficult as some people make it out to be…….make a small practice quilt sandwich and just play with it

4. Jenny De Schutter says:

looks great, quilt and garden :-))

5. Your FMQ just keeps getting better & better! And then there’s that beautiful garden. We’re enjoying our bleeding hearts, tulips, the forget-me-nots & iris are starting to bloom, the fragrance of the lilacs is amazing, and the poppies & peonies are getting ready to pop! Love spring!!!

6. Judy S says:

Thank you for sharing your creativity and love of quilting! I look forward to your posts and love your quilts! I’m amazed at how beautiful your free-motion quilting is on such a basic sewing machine.

7. nellie1951 says:

hi Tim and Teddy,Tim your garden is so beautiful ,i cant believe that just a few weeks ago there was snow on ground and now beautiful flowers growing great job ,and your quilt turned out just as pretty, looks like your ready for spring fun now . bye now bye Teddy

8. Elizabeth Marsden says:

Tim I could not see where the top thread is – the spindle for the spool had nothing on it? I really must have a go and practise you make it look so easy but I am sure it isn’t.

9. Cheri says:

Thank you for that machine quilting tutorial. It’s very helpful. Do you have your thread on a separate thread holder? Your gardens are inspiring!

10. Rose in VT says:

Thanks for showing the video! I’m going to have to spend more time with my treadle. Can’t imagine being able to sew that smoothly on it – yet.

11. leanne says:

Tim: Where do you live? I want to visit your garden and sewing area….and hug your dog….

Leanne Halfman