Roses Blooming

I have some roses blooming in my garden today.

DSCN9958 (1)DSCN9979DSCN9964 (1)DSCN9941

A few warm days and everything takes off….. (click pictures to enlarge)

I got my little vegetable garden planted

And it looks like I have my work for tomorrow set.   Weeding!

I spent some time playing with a few old machines

DSCN9984 DSCN9983

I put the Franklin in the treadle to give it a try.   It is running great.    Franklin was a Sears brand and this one is a nearly exact copy of the Singer 27.

A few people have asked in my last few posts about my thread.   It isn’t on the thread spool pin on the top of the machine.    I usually use a thread cone stand.    But I have also made my own for the  treadle base I made.    I have a big nail on the back of the machine that the spool or cone of thread goes on  and I have a safety pin in the window frame behind the machine that the thread goes up to and through and then it goes into the thread guide on the machine. (if you look closely you can see the thread in these pictures.

DSCN9988DSCN9987DSCN9986

I went “Great Lakes Art Works” , a local store in Old Town that is an artist owned collaborative promoting the work of local artists.  I had to buy this seam ripper (which is so cool I feel like I need to sew something wrong so I can use it)

DSCN9991 DSCN9989

It has been a long day and Teddy is ready to relax.

Happy quilting

26 thoughts on “Roses Blooming

1. huggybears says:

Dear Tim-its hard how to start – your fantastic garden in bloom takes my breath away-each blossom and every plant .Your old maschines you take TLC and they start humming along-and then this gem of a seam ripper -WOW!! Any private hint on where to purchase one of these would be nice to know ! Hugs and a pet to so very patient Teddy-he really is an awesome little furball.
    Marga

2. M. A Roberts says:

As always I love your color selections whether it’s fabrics, roses, or foliage. Thank you for sharing.

3. Ann Genaske says:

Thank you for sharing your beautiful garden! Inside or out, day or night – how lovely to be surrounded by such beauty in all of your endeavors. Well done!

4. Susan Smith says:

I always love your photos of your flower garden and your veggie garden as well. We were able to get our veggie garden planted 2 weeks ago. Still no blooms on the roses yet. We are patient haven’t been here a year yet. As always give Mr. Teddy lots of love from Nikki and I.

Love the garden, the green machine, and your seam ripper!! Cool!

6. Mrs. Plum says:

I especially like the apricot colored rose. Is it a David Austin rose? The seam ripper is also very cool.

7. Dot says:

You made me laugh! I don’t have any trouble at all finding occasions to use MY seam rippers!

• MARIETTA VICTORIA GARTNER says:

I agree with Dot! I also bought a nice seam-ripper, with a smooth wooden handle..at least I’ll love using it, so makes a chores more loving? LOVE your idea of placing hooks on windows! Don’t think hubby would be impressed, but I also use a stand for my cones and love them (only new addition in my little room) Gorgeous roses, thanks Tim for garden photos! Here in Brisbane, its autumn going into winter, but it’s like Miami weather..shorts and T shirts..bye for now ❤ I feel like buying a "Teddy" for myself so cute!

LOL….I had to use the new one today. The machine was not threaded correctly and the back was a mess

8. nellie1951 says:

hi Tim and Teddy ,i sure enjoy seeing your beautiful flowers in garden Tim thanks for sharing pictures .

9. Helen Stamp says:

Hi Tim, I love to watch your progress with your quilts and garden and it amazes me how quickly the garden transforms! It seemed not long ago you had snow and our gardens here in the UK were ahead of yours; but now just a few weeks later your plants/flowers are way ahead! You must be virtually able to see them grow!
    (Inspirational quilting too by the way!)
    Helen

10. Eileen says:

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your thread arrangement. I was wondering about that too. Very ingenious! Do you do something special for the bobbins? To avoid having to refill often? Thanks for the lovely pictures of your garden as well as Teddy.

Very cool seam ripper — what will be cooled-up next? Bobbins? Needles?

12. Rose in VT says:

Oh Tim, love that green machine! And my matte finish machine has a Minnesota E label right where your Franklin label is attached.

Comments