More Hand Quilting

I made some progress on the rose quilt

I am also working on the antique applique quilt.    I am testing a new video camera ….when I get it working better I will do some videos of the progress ….here is a test

I will change the angle so you can see better and add sound but I think it is going to work ….stay tuned

I have a family of Robins nesting in the Hydrangea and the babies are getting too large for the mother to sit in the nest so the parents are taking turns standing guard at the edge of the garden.

I did a bit of treadle quilting.   The new Classic machine fits well in the treadle and does a nice stitch.

Here are a few pictures of the quilt and the back (click pictures to enlarge)

14 thoughts on “More Hand Quilting

1. Sandra Henderson says:

Oh wow! You’ve made a lot of progress! Your garden is so beautiful. I loved seeing all the latest photos of it.
    Love the video! I learn from watching. I have a fortune in books, and do love the photos (especially historical); but nothing can teach me better than watching someone do something. I hope you share more and more videos with us! There is a lady on YouTube, Margaret fabrizio (pretty sure this is her name) and I like her quilting bee video where she is just quilting along and talks…for some of us who live very rural and alone this is very nice to sit and sew along to. In any case, whatever you do… You are a great teacher and motivator and artist.

• Sandra Henderson says:

Atree3, Margaret fabrizio. So, you could be a nice mix of her, Bonnie hunter and joe Cunningham and a few others who are in the video education of us quilter fans. I’d love to watch your videos. Margaret makes me laugh. Joe makes me think. Bonnie makes me wish I had her motivation . There’s a niche there to be filled… Go for it! 😎

I plan to do a few short videos and see how it goes …..I really need a quality camera but I dont want to invest in that until I see how it goes with this

I just had Andrew sit and watch the video, and it’s official; “The man’s insane!” He was going on and on about how can he possibly do all that he does even WITH the treadle, etc., etc., 🙂 The rose quilt is beautiful and, I must tell you, I totally get that quilt top you are treadling right now — it’s got a retro uncercurrent with some trompe l’oeil foreground/background effects with the blue. Genius! And then there is my favorite. only The.Best.Quilt.Ever!

The quilt with the retro feel……I think the circle blocks were made in the 50’s and so was the blue machine I just put in the treadle……it is going much better now…..I think the machine and quilt are in harmony 🙂
      The best quilt ever is making progress…..I’ll be doing a few videos soon…..including the trapunto portion

3. Cathie Lanier says:

The rose quilt is really looking awesome, Tim! So fun to watch it develop.

4. Astrid says:

The photo of the tight and regular echo quilting in the hoop has made me come out of lurkdom. Breath taking! Thank you for sharing!

5. The echo quilting on your rose quilt is looking so wonderful on the hand dyed fabric. Love how your treadle quilting looks on the back of your latest quilt. Video is a fun addition.

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )