Finished

I got the binding done

It it 75″ x 90″.   I think I’ll add a hanging sleeve and hang it in the living room for a while.

I am back to work on the peppered cotton quilt.

It is fighting me every step of the way.    All that quilting on the stripes is a lot harder than I thought it would be!

My entire garden smells like roses!

Here are a few more that are opening  (click pictures to enlarge)

Teddy says HI

14 thoughts on “Finished

1. glendajean says:

Hi Teddy hope you are enjoying been out doors so much. Tim the quilt looks stunning, very very 3D to me the windmills stand out so much like they are all about to spin. Love love that border fabric. All in all a stunning eye catching quilt. I had a Lovely walk around your garden with a coffee beside me. Cheers Glenda

2. Ranchwife in Nebraska says:

On the peppered quilt, could an outline of each block be done on the front, and the quilting be done from the back side? (I don’t know if the backing fabric has a pattern or not.) It’s just a thought – I have no experience to know whether it is a good idea or a poor one.
    Admiring all your progress. Thanks for sharing it with us.

That would make it impossible…..the hard part is the straight lines. I am quilting between every stripe on the fabric and I need to do that from the top.

3. Stoney Monte says:

Such an enjoyable feast for the eyes! I love your sense of color and design. My quilts are often bold, like this one of yours. I also garden but tonight we are under a frost advisory so all of the beauty in my garden is under hoops of muslin, in an attempt to save whatever I can. Hope your roses continue to bless your day.

4. Jenny M says:

Every photo is beautiful!

5. Marla says:

Those stripes will take awhile…they’re very narrow, but it will all be worth it in the end! You roses are lovely, too.

6. Josephine le Cheminant says:

Your roses are spectacular! The perfume must be amazing.

7. Sue Kaufman says:

You make beauty with everything you touch Tim!!

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )