Tumbling blocks finished

I finished the tumbling blocks quilt.
It is hard to get a picture of it because the colors don’t show up correct.    The blocks are actually 3 colors of brown.    A medium brown a dark brown and a dark brown print and the backing is a terracotta color  .

Here are some pictures with varying degrees of color depending on the light, none are exactly right but you can get the idea (click pictures to enlarge)

This is the quilt I was working on in this video

the color in the video is closer to the real color.

17 thoughts on “Tumbling blocks finished

Wonderful result! I’m telling you, you need a longarm, you’d go crazy with one! 🙂

2. Theresa says:

Beautiful. Thanks for showing the hand quilting on the back!

Oh how I love this one!

4. Sharron Evans says:

Absolutely gorgeous! Your quilting is crazy good!

5. Sandra B says:

Beautiful quilt! I have always loved this pattern, but have never made one….I am a hand piecer, but still cannot make myself sew y-seams! Maybe one day….I really love the colors in this one… Looks like a great quilt to accompany a good book, and a cup of hot tea!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Hello to Teddy!!

6. Mrs. Plum says:

Your quilting on this reminds me of oak leaves–apropos for the colors of this quilt.

7. Susie Q says:

I learned a lot watching this video and am now encouraged to try machine quilting – again. Looks like if you pick a pattern that can go from one corner to the opposite you are way ahead of the game!!! Have a blocky baby quilt to do and am hopeful it is much better than past attempts. Did not even register that that quilt was brown but a look this morning shows it to be a very handsome quilt.

8. liege welsch says:

Sua máquina não é elétrica?
    Abraços
    Liege

Comments

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )