I got the star finished. Every month at my local quilt guild meeting there is a table for members to give away their unwanted scraps and leftovers. I made this top with fabrics from that table.
Last time I posted about making the diamonds … see that here https://timquilts.com/2016/06/26/more-piecing-garden-pictures-and-a-video/
Here it is with the setting pieces ready for stitching.
I sewed it together in 4 sections
here it is finished
My original plan was to do a scrappy border with the same fabrics……I have to think about that. I never use a pattern, I do always start out with an idea of where I am going with a design but I usually make changes and design as I go. It is 75″ square now, and it might be nice to make it larger so it fits a bed better, but I think I like it as it is.
Now I need to see what I have for a backing. I’m looking forward to quilting it.